Just Scent? Weak?

LJA

I just ordered a TON of samples from them and most smell super weak in the bottles. Please tell me the scents bloom and throw well in wax. (Generally, I know there's a dud in every supplier's warehouse). Whats the general impression of their oils in here?:sad2:

I love how many of her scents smell. I just cannot get longevity nor the strength/throw that I am after (and get from other FO's) in my melts. I am willing to concede that it is my system/method or my wax blend. I have tried 54 scents over the course of 4 orders. There are 9 that I have marked as would repurchase. I wish I could get better throw and longevity but I just cannot.

I use 415 in candles and and 415/PB in melts and some of my strongest candles are JS

I just tested lilac in parasoy and I have had to blow them out because of my eyes watering

Just like all suppliers there are good ones and not so good ones- some of them are stronger for me than other suppliers but it fades quicker so just throw what you got in wax and see...you could have a new best seller

I've ordered a lot of her FO's and there are some that I will order again. I really like her caramel cinnamon latte, snicker doodle, and buttercream sugar cookie. There are a few more that I would buy again but can't remember them right now. She has some good oils but I think she has just as many misses too.

kforbs126,

some of her bodacious buys are very strong! I use hill billy fix ins', buttercream crunch, caramel fudge cake, cherry bomb, cranberry pomegranate, cream brûlée cupcake, jingle bells, orange sherbet, pumpkin butter brûlée, totally scrumptious, and winter wonderland. These have all been strong. I have several more off of the BB but I haven't put them in wax so I can't say how they would be.

HTH

kforbs126,

some of her bodacious buys are very strong! I use hill billy fix ins', buttercream crunch, caramel fudge cake, cherry bomb, cranberry pomegranate, cream brûlée cupcake, jingle bells, orange sherbet, pumpkin butter brûlée, totally scrumptious, and winter wonderland. These have all been strong. I have several more off of the BB but I haven't put them in wax so I can't say how they would be.

HTH

Thanks for the info, I think I may try them in sample sizes

Belinda what kind of wax do you use?

Edited by kforbs126

Which ones are you liking? If you don't mind sharing:)

Blueberry Pumpkin Patch, Chanel No 5, Oatmeal Cookie with icing, Strawberry strong, satsuma (though I think other supplier's versions are closer to the original), Chestnuts and brown sugar, Pink Sands & Banana Caramel Cupcake....so far so good on all of them.

Wild currant and sandalwood is super strong in soy so I would imagine it would bring tears to your eyes in paraffin..

I love her pink sugar- super strong and one of my most requested scents

That seems like an odd combo...I'm intrigued. ;)

Thanks for the info, I think I may try them in sample sizes

Belinda what kind of wax do you use?

I'm one that can't seem to make up my mind about wax, but I go back and forth for clamshells, 4625 mixed with 6006 or 4630 or KY's para/soy tart wax. If I use a silicone mold I like to use straight 4625 because it doesn't rub off on a cello bag as bad. Right now I honestly can't tell a difference in either one. Could be just me though.

JS is one of my main suppliers. I've been using her oils for six years. Yes, there are some weak ones among the bunch, but she has far more great ones than duds IMO. Just like with all suppliers, you have to sample and weed through them all.

I do tend to avoid the Bodacious line -- haven't had much luck there. And some of her citrus scents are just meh! But she has the BEST BBW dupes around -- her Vanilla Bean Noel smells better than the original!

So, don't discount her just yet. Here are some recommendations from me ((I use parasoy wax))

Vanilla Bean Noel

Pink Sugar

Berry Bellini

Vanilla the King

Cucumber Apple Splash

Hippie Chick

Claire Burke Original

Almond Cookies (this one is in the bodacious line, but it's awesome)

Caribbean Salsa

Aloha Vanilla

Tiki Beach

Those are some of the stronger ones off the top of my head. Hope this helps :)

I Love JS and use quite a few of her scents. Sure some of them are weak, but there isn't a supplier out there that I am going to like every scent and think every scent has a great HT. It is a pick and choose. Plus I only want to have about 30-35 scents in my line up, so even if I like it and it has a great throw, it has to be different enough from my other scents to make the cut. I have tons and tons of samples from JS, I only have about 10 in my line up.

Strong ones in Paraffin for me and that I like are:

Ultimate Vanilla

Katie Jo's Pink Lemonade

Midnight Pomegranate

Cinnamon Cider

Harvest

Black Raspberry Vanilla

I know there are more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.