Weird lavender/vanilla problem

Michdj

So I was planning to add lavender vanilla to my lineup this year, and I poured it yesterday to test. I poured CS lavender at 70% with BCN Very Vanilla at 30%. I would swear that the vanilla ate my lavender! I hardly smell the lavender at all. Has anyone experienced this phenomenon?

I'm wondering if it's a little like the weird olfactory issues I had with Orange and Chili Pepper, where half my family only smelled oranges, and the other half only smelled chili peppers (myself included). Any thoughts?

If you end up wanting to try a different lav/van, give The Candle Source's Lavender Vanilla a shot. It's a really great balance. I think it is a dupe of Febreeze's lav/van. I've only used it paraffin melts, so I have no info on how it does in a candle.

I was taught that if you blend, walk away from it for at least 24 hours and then away from it again for another 48 hours and then don't go back to it for another week ... (now mind you that was mostly when using EOs, but I've done the same for FOs and have noticed differences.)

Lavender would overpower anything vanilla for me, mostly because I have a hard time picking up vanilla. I almost have to snort a Qtip to smell it.

bCN vanilla is a very strong sweet vanilla- if it doesn't "marry" and bringiit lavender after a cure then maybe try it at a different ratio- vanilla being only 20% and lavender 80%

I mixed this ratio using JS Becky's ultimate vanilla and the lavender does come through- CS lavender vanilla didn't work for me in soy very well- it was very weak

Don't know if this will help you but a lavender vanilla blend didn't sell for me the way a lavender and baby powder scent does. In both candles and soap. I use CS Baby Powder and Lavender at 50/50%. For me the powder scent just smelled better with the lavender than vanilla.