Bright Neon Colored Dye

doglvr

I think I've looked at all the regular places, but has anyone seen brilliant, bright neon (pink, orange, yellow, blue, etc) almost psychedelic colored dyes anywhere for candles and tarts? The regular colors for sale that I've seen just aren't going to work and I don't know where else to look. Just hoped that maybe someone had come across them before.

TIA!

Jackie

Man I wish Fresh/Tanya were here. She could answer this. I bought some dyes off her a long, long, long time ago and they are neon, but I don't exactly know who the company was/is and how to use. I'd sell them if I knew, but I don't. There's every color of the rainbow in these. I just don't know where they came from.

You can get neon pink at Lonestar. At least I got some, but I know you need the other colors.

Edited by Scented

I got my neon colors from One Stop Candle and poured two one ounce cups last night. BEAUTIFUL!! I did orange and pink and they are definitely neon bright. It isn't a powder, but a block - or chunk to be more exact. I did have to use quite a lot to get this for a one ounce cup. Probably almost the same amount as an eight ounce pour, but perhaps less would have been ok. I kept adding because it didn't look dark enough. It mixed right in with nothing left in the bottom of the pan when I was done. So yes, these are great for neon colors. Since they have something in them that is black light reactive, I poured one with scent just to see if it would effect scent throw or anything, but I'll have to wait a couple of days to melt that one - I only make tarts. He did say wicking with a candle would be difficult if anyone is planning that. I doubt they would be body safe either, but for what I need it for it's perfect - just hope the scent isn't effected and I can let you know that in a couple of days.

Jackie

Well, bummer. I've been playing with these neon colors today and it's a total bust compared to last night and I'm not sure why unless it's the addition of more fragrance oil for a bigger pour than one ounce. The color is sticking to the fragrance oil and binding with that. There is an overall coloring, but much remains in the bottom of the pot after pouring along with fragrance oil that binded to it. Plus, when cooled, the color fades to a pastel and completely loses its neon look. I'm stumped. I'm sitting here looking at this brilliant orange and pink I poured last night into cups and what I did today is totally different. So for now, I wouldn't run out and buy it :(

• 3 weeks later...