What is in your pot this weekend?

It's always fun and inspiring to hear what everyone is plannng to pour/create over the weekend. I got some new fo samples from Aztec, BCN and WSP and will plan to pour some testers this weekend. Also got some M & P soap samples, so plan to play around this that too. (Aztec- Coconut water, Sea Minerals, Honey Cinnamon, Fresh Baked Cookies, Dragonfruit, Maple Glazed Bacon; BCN-Holiday Spice, Crushed Ginger, Mulling Spices, Pumpkin Spice, All Hallows Eve, Cinn and Clove Bud, and Bear Claws; and WSP- Calypso Sun, Dancing Waters, and Home Sweet Home). If I have time, I will make some firestarters, I have so much leftover wax from testing my melts! Trying to decide what fo to use in the soap too... so will likely research here on the forum!

I decided that I am going to make myself a candle or two this weekend. I only make tarts but I am going to give a jar candle or two a go. I will be using an 8 ounce square mason jar, 4627, zinc wicks (51-32-18-Z because that is what I have) and I think I will try pumpkin pie and cinnamon garland. This will be an interesting experiment so I hope it works out. If anyone has any advice using those components, please feel free to chime in.

On top of that I will probably be pouring at least another 15-20 fall scents to restock my favorites (tarts).

Sadly (and remarkably), I do not have a single FO in my house that I have not already tried or regularly use.

Hoping to find a new supplier from which to order this week. Let me know if you have suggestions for me.

Those of you pouring, let the rest of us know if you find any new winners!

I'll let you know- Aztec is a new supplier for me, haven't tried any of their fo's yet, so looking forward to seeing how they do. I've been testing different wax combinations, and I think I have it down to a couple that I like so far, just experimenting with some things. I've just had to get over a cold- very frustrating trying to test when your nose is all stuffed up (the NG's sinus relief helped though, I'd have to say!). Have you ordered anything from Sweetcakes or Elements yet? I've been happy with the fo's I've gotten from them. I still haven't tried anything from Indiana Candle Supply or Candlewic- those are on my list ( have to spread out the spending- had to get a new roof and carpet!-had sticker shock with those 2 expenditures!).

MegandGarr....on those 8 oz sq masons....I only use the 4786, but this jar does excellent with the 51-32-18z....have fun...I just love these great jars! I will be making votives and 8 oz sq mason jars in the scents of Harvest, Cinnamon Stick, Moonshine Wine and Cake Batter Vanilla Smoothie. I just got in from RE the Sugared Corn Pudding, Hot Apple Pie (I had ordered before and just LOVE this apple pie!) and Bonfire Bliss...thanks all for recommendations...they all smell wonderful and can't wait to place in candles!! I also got samples of Sea Salt and Yuzu (RE) and Salted Caramel Popcorn (RE) (I WILL be ordering larger sizes next time). I have made soaps the last two weekends in the scents of Tonic (Scentworks), Provence (Scentworks), Honey Nectar (Daystar) and in Oatmeal, Milk and Honey (RE)....Every single one of these soaps smells just divine! I have been having a blast showering with all these new soaps....I don't take just one bar into the shower...I take 3...just love these soap scents! I also have Water Palace (Scentworks) which I haven't used yet, but it does smell wonderful! :)

Hi all:)

When you use the 8oz square mason jars..how do put your label on them? I love that jar but the label don't fit:( hope ya all are having a great fall!

Good Morning Girl!

I buy all my labels through online labels and create them on the online labels Maestro program...so easy and you can create any type of professional label you desire. I put a warning label (2x2) on the bottom of the jar w/the name of the scent on it and also put a kraft or white label (2x2) on the top of the lid with a seasonal picture and my business name, phone # etc and just for fun tie a piece of colorful raffia around the neck of the jar to complete the item! Love these jars! :)

Just finished pouring tarts:

Apple Zucchini Bread, Apple Pumpkin Strudel, Autumn Campfire, Autumn Wreath, Caramel Apple Pie, Christmas Tree, Cinnamon Buns, Dickens Christmas, Gingerbread House, Haunted Hayride, Mulberry Spice, Peppermint Bark, Salty Sea Air, Sugared Vanilla Shortbread & Vanilla Noel.

Next is a test candle in Pumpkin Pie and Cinnamon Garland. Here goes nothing...

Can anyone please tell me how many ounces of wax the 8oz square mason jar will hold? Thanks,

I fill mine to the brim 8-1/2 oz :) (Enough for repour also) Keep us posted on how your candlemaking turns out! :)

Edited by puma52

In my pour pot this weekend is Peaks-Blackberry Sage, Gingerbread Cookies, Winter Wonderland, Spiced Cranberry......Elements-Pumpkin Log and Patchouli Honey.....Nature's Garden- Vanilla Pear, Christmas Cabin and Sweet Orange Chili Pepper...BCN Papaya Mango and Vanilla Velvet.... Genwax- Rustic Woods, Cranberry Woods and Roasted Hazelnut. Pouring tons of melts this weekend... my backstock is gone from my store inventory so I need to restock PLUS make some for the shows on the road coming up soon... Melts are selling up a storm.

I use a 2 1/2 inch round label on the top of my 8oz jars, standard gold lid,,,with my logo, scent, weight, etc.

Bottom of jar is the warning label. I label the top of the jar cause I use it as a marketing tool.... you can view the flickering flame from all sides of the jar cause the light isn't blocked by a label. :)

Edited by SherriLynn

I am prepping for an arts/craft show on Nov 2-3 so I have been in hyper-drive mode. Last weekend I made 198 container candles to finish up my containers for the show. This weekend I have tarts/whiffs to make... 18 scents total so I am going to be quite busy. Next weekend I need to finish up my pillar and ice candles... This will be my last arts/craft show of the year though so I can relax after Nov 3rd :)