An outside booth in October?

QTsmum

I have really been wanting to get an October show. I have 2 in November, but fall is such a great time for scents. There's one I found that is handmade items only (Woot! I get so sick of resellers!!!) and the price is reasonable, except they only have a single spot left and it's outside. :undecided

I just don't know. Would you do it? The weather...I mean, who knows?! I wish I had found it sooner. (the wait list for indoors is long and not likely to get me in)

Ah...I know what you mean. Iffy with it being outside. I keep getting invited to do an indoor show a short time later & I'm going back & forth with that one in my head. Craft shows currently are a crap shoot - some great/some stink. Eh, if the entrance fee is low enough & the weather is generally nice late Fall by you, why not? Hope whatever you choose goes well for you.

That's the thing, the weather pattern has been iffy. The spot is right by the entrance (not sure if that's good or bad, but I don't like the cut of it's jib! LOL) Canada - October -Brrrr! It may be thanksgiving weekend too (for us). Maybe I won't. It just sounds miserable to me.

Where I am at all the October shows are outdoors. The indoor shows start in November.

October tends to be good weather month with Indian summer warm days so I never worry about it. Gotta say the October shows are the ones I make the best money so skipping an outdoor show is not worth it to me. Do follow the weather and if by chance you do have bad weather that day then you can skip it.

Edited by Candybee

I would do it and even if the weather is bad you can always give something FREE (that always gets people's attention). I would have a sign that says FREE gift with $20.00 purchase and I would give FREE samples with a website address or e-mail address if you don't have a website so you can take orders later.

Anything to grab the customers attention and money before they go in.