help with lavender

I use the CandleScience lavender and have very good throw at about 6% in 6006. I was playing with 464 soy and read that many people use a higher % of fragrance, so I went with 9% and just minutes into the burn I had to extinguish. It was so strong that it was burning my eyes. I was using either a CD or a CSN that time.

soy needs a cure time, I let mine cure at least a week or two in 6006 and two weeks in the 464.

It has cured for two weeks now. I am at around 8 or 9%. Gosh, do I really need to try another wick series(csn)..I have so many wicks right now that don't work I just don't know what to do with. I am going to try a cd14 tonight and see what that does..

I use the CS also in soy at 1.5 ounces per pound with CD wicks and the throw is great- this is one FO that doesn't "spread" thru the entire house but it does have throw

Are you using soy? And what wicks and what temp are you adding the FO?

GB415 wax, adding FO at around 190 degrees at 9%. Have tried Cotton wicks, and htp's and a cd12.

I used to have this problem with soy and LX wicks. Couldn't smell a thing until I blew out the candle. Then I got the scent. I fixed it by switching to CD wicks.

One of two things could be going on, the wick could be burning the scent off in which case you need to use a different size, or, the wick is not working in your wax. If you have already tried different sizes then you need to try another wick series.

Tassi Lavender is to die for from Soapalooza. The formulation is very realistic and with that said it is not a fragrance that blows your socks off. Lavender is a hard fragrance to pin down in a wax medium but easy peasy in soap or room applications. Real lavender (to me) is not medicinal or nursing home sour but rather a fresh herbal fragrance that stays in the background or smooths out other fragrances that can be sharp or overbearing. I still have a little of True Lavender from Tennessee Candle Supply that is a dream to soap.

Steve