Peaks Amish Harvest, Strong or Medium throw?

Belinda

I have a friend who tests some of my tarts to see how they are in strength etc. I gave her one scented in Peaks Amish Harvest and she said it smells good but isn't very strong. I have one melting right now and I can smell it in my living room. It's not the strongest I've smelled, but I can smell it. What is considered a strong throw? Is Amish Harvest not a real strong throwing FO or did I do something wrong maybe? I use all paraffin.

Thanks!

If you have a 15X24 living room and you can smell it several feet away or while walking down the hall to go into the living room, is that a strong throw or just medium? Maybe my friend is expecting too much or I'm not doing something right, which is a strong possibility LOL!

Peak's Amish harvest is a very strong FO; when I tested it (quite a while back) we could smell it all through the house - one floor, around 4000 sq. ft. living area. Does your friend have the AC running? Not sure what wax you use, but I would expect better throw, not just being able to smell it several feet away or while walking down the hall.... but maybe that's just me; sorry, Belinda; idk.

If you have a 15X24 living room and you can smell it several feet away or while walking down the hall to go into the living room, is that a strong throw or just medium? Maybe my friend is expecting too much or I'm not doing something right, which is a strong possibility LOL!

Peak's Amish harvest is a very strong FO; when I tested it (quite a while back) we could smell it all through the house - one floor, around 4000 sq. ft. living area. Does your friend have the AC running? Not sure what wax you use, but I would expect better throw, not just being able to smell it several feet away or while walking down the hall.... but maybe that's just me; sorry, Belinda; idk.

I'm sure the air was going. Mine was going when I was testing it too. How does that affect the throw? Good or bad?

I used 4625 wax with this. I've had other FO's throw a lot stronger in this wax so I'm at a loss as to why she thought it wasn't strong. Maybe the air did have something to do with it.

You've got mail :wink2:

I'm sure the air was going. Mine was going when I was testing it too. How does that affect the throw? Good or bad?

I used 4625 wax with this. I've had other FO's throw a lot stronger in this wax so I'm at a loss as to why she thought it wasn't strong. Maybe the air did have something to do with it.

?

Guess the rest of us miss the answer.

Sorry, Karen; it's just that I tend to get too "wordy", but this is what I PM'd to Belinda. That hot air rises and col air sink With the AC going and testing tarts, it's more likely the AC will suck the scent down, whereas hot air helps spread the FO molecules.

I didn't mean this to be some kind of "secret";

P.S. Wow, can't believe I managed to explain it in 4 little lines:laugh2:

Yeah, that's the main reason I do not like to test new FOs during the hot months of Summer, but if I must I turn the AC and fans off - when the rest of the gang isn't home or else the moaning and whining begins - and I don't want to hear it, lol

Got it. I knew the air conditioner and ceiling fans (I had them off all last week when husband who loves them was out of town) diminished my HT, but the detailed explanation was helpful. Thanks!

Yeah, that's the main reason I do not like to test new FOs during the hot months of Summer, but if I must I turn the AC and fans off - when the rest of the gang isn't home or else the moaning and whining begins - and I don't want to hear it, lol

I guess I'll have to find testers that don't mind being without air while they're testing. With menopause going on, I'm the one whining and moaning if it's too hot in here LOL! When my husband and I first got married, we could walk into our house and he would say "I'm burning up" and I'd respond "Not me, I'm freezing!" Now, it's the other way around! Don't know why we couldn't get our hormones to cooperate with each other! :o)

I guess I'll have to find testers that don't mind being without air while they're testing. With menopause going on, I'm the one whining and moaning if it's too hot in here LOL! When my husband and I first got married, we could walk into our house and he would say "I'm burning up" and I'd respond "Not me, I'm freezing!" Now, it's the other way around! Don't know why we couldn't get our hormones to cooperate with each other! :o)

I tell my family to simply move to another part of the house until I'm finished testing - and quit whining, lol These are "important experiments!" :laugh2: