Anyone know where to find this mold?

kate772

I'm anticipating that they are very good - at least guessing that by the huge Facebook following they have. Let us know when you melt them, please! I look for molds a lot. If I see something I will let you know.

Jackie

After going to the site to see what the mold looks like, I actually bought a few of them. They have such a huge Facebook following, I thought they must be fantastic with their specialty scents like Kentucky Bourbon, etc.

To use this mold, it needs to be a soft wax because they aren't cut through and through. The slices are still connected at the bottom and this wax (still can't figure it out) is so rubbery almost, you have to pull the slices apart but it's easy to do. I've never worked with wax like this. It's not soft enough to be moldable in your fingers, but you can manipulate it. There is no greasy feel to it, though. The cold throw is fantastic, but I was really disappointed in the scents I've melted so far. For about two hours they are very strong, but then there is almost an immediate noticeable decline in the scent to where at four hour mark if not even less than that, I was pouring it out.

I do have to give them credit for the labeling and packaging. It's beautiful. If you're interested in this particular mold though, you need to use a fairly soft wax.

Jackie

I agree, the wax needs to be soft but not too much so. Doesn't seem to be anything I've worked with. This mold would make the packaging so easy and inexpensive. And the box shows absolutely no greasiness from the melt.

This is my second reply, can't find the first one so if it duplicates, I apologize. I was working with J-223 this morning (it's called something else now) and I would almost bet it's the same wax. When I didn't cut all the way through it and pulled it apart, it was rubbery and instantly reminded me of what they use. If they add a harder wax, it isn't much or maybe it's just stearic acid? J-223 isn't a greasy wax, either.

I agree I love the box idea. No cello bags to pull apart, no smearing, no ties, no waiting to pour into clamshells until cool enough. It would be nice! I'm not sure though I would duplicate their exact mold because of copyright infringement if it was made specifically for them. I'm sure you could come up with something similar though. Like maybe a mini bundt cake mold that isn't sliced all the way through?

Good luck and let us know if you have any luck!

Jackie

• 2 weeks later...

Love them! Couldn't find where it tells what to do with them on website, nor do I see the weight. I think they should have a better description on each scent or at least on the main cake tart page. I would never

have guessed by looking that they pull apart, maybe seeing them in person. I def want to see what I'm getting in weight for the $$.

Not much for the money....IMO

I bought two....just to see the whole concept...have yet to melt them.

Anyway, the Apple Brown Betty weighs 3.9 oz.

The Buttercream Snickerdoodle weighed in at 3.7oz.

I paid the 7.99 each and then 5 dollars for their basic shipping (which was actually UPS).

Edited by barbaranj