Glitter Jar Candles

I had wanted to do this for a long time on a pillar candle but I currently only have 10 pillar candles and they are for a client so I used jars instead.

I used clear dry pva glue and craft glitter based on a handful of craft/candle blogs.

These are just tests, 3 of which don't have wax yet and 1 gold start/glitter that has wax and it worked perfectly. Looks amazing at night when the was burns down too. It lights up the entire room with the glitter.

They are all glued on the inside of the jars and all have lids, hence the 1.5cm gap at the top of the jars.

post-17381-139458511972_thumb.jpg

post-17381-139458511958_thumb.jpg

post-17381-139458511961_thumb.jpg

post-17381-139458511965_thumb.jpg

Edited by craftimade

LeahRB, they do look amazing when burning. I tried to take a photo but it just doesn't come out well as their is too might shiny light from the glitter.

I added Chanel No5 to the gold/black jar and Lavender to the purple/gold jar. They look pretty amazing.

I showed a client and she loved them so much she asked for 3 special jars. (photo below). Im in the process of 20 more new ones. :)

Left to right, Blueberry Pancakes, Sweet Lemongrass, Rose

post-17381-139458512029_thumb.jpg

Edited by craftimade

Loreiei, I removed about 1cm from the top of the other jars above (blue, silver & pink) to fit the lid and it works but I don't like the look. So these new 6 don't have lids that do into the jar, they go around the top and the lids are silver plated.

I don't have any problems with the wicks, I use glue dots and they work very well. If the glitter is large I cut a area at the bottom of the jar for the glue dot to stick better but for the fine glitter jars, sticks well to the glue dot.

The pink glitter candle is completed and looks amazing. I use "Musk Sticks" as the scent with Hot Pink color dye.

I might try and double glitter layer each of the others as I really don't want to see the wax though the glitter, it needs to be thicker glitter, also with double layer is makes the glitter a stronger color. :)

post-17381-13945851251_thumb.jpg

post-17381-139458512505_thumb.jpg

Edited by craftimade

I thought it would be an issue but no there isn't.

I have tested about 20 glitter candles (in all sizes) to make sure there is no issues with fire or plastic burning. The glitter just stays at the top and goes down with the candle wax.

It works perfectly.