Need some help on candles in heat

Wow, that didn't sound right! LOL

Anyway, I have a store owner that has an antique shop here in town. She does not keep the air on during the week, as she is only open on SAturdays. She called me to say that the candle jar lids (rust metal lids) are "oil soaked". Jars are standing upright, not in a window, but in the middle of her store. Temp may have gotten to 95 in the store.

Now, last year during our high heat months of July-Sept some candles had the same issue, bad. Heat index in the store I'm sure could have gotten well over 100+. We are in SE Texas.

Now, the issue is back but way before the heat here gets unbearable.

My wax is 6006 with 15% added ezsoy, cd wicks and the same FO's I've always used for years.

What would make the jar lids get this way, standing up?

I'd like some of your expert opinions please.

Carrie

That is so weird cause I was just cleaning in my candle room and found some candles I made last summer and my lids are exactly as you described. I stood there thinking..what the heck! I'd love to know the answer cause this has never happened to me before and I have no clue!:confused::confused:

The lids are wicking the liquid wax. As the wax melts it probably pushes the unmelted wax upward in the jar and the lid wicks the oily wax. I would ditch the lids and go for something else that wont absorb the melted wax. I suppose you could put some kind of liner over the top (wax paper maybe) and srew the lid down over the paper but it interferes with customers sniffing your product. Seems kind of dangerous to think that maybe your 100 degree plus jar might burn a hand or even explode if it gets hot enough. JMO

Steve