Help me pick some floral - Summer from RE

QTsmum

I have been away for TOO long! We did a HUGE cross country move AGAIN! God help me!

Anyways, we are getting settled and I'm going into withdrawl and need to order some scents and get back into the game.

I don't have ANY summer scents, really. I guess I'd consider fall too, though it makes me sad, LOL! Anyhow, I would LOVE suggestions.

I'm really bad at picking floral scents because I typically hate them! I'd love some baking lovers floral scents (something that isn't going to hurt my brain while pouring) and anything 'different' but lovely.

Also, any good vanilla suggestions? That's what I was asked for at the craft fair last year and I didn't have any!!!

This is a huge scentsy market here that I plan on taking over. LOL!

I never considered myself a floral

Lover but I have to say I have been loving the following:

MW- gypsy rose

JS- lilac

BCN- hyacinth

CS- honeysuckle jasmine

CS- Diane's carnation

Elements- Sensuos black rose

I think what I don't like is the heavy perfume florals that smell like rancid grandma perfume- or the ocean scents that have that sharp nasty floral- all of the above are true nice florals that don't make me want to vomit when I pour them or get a headache! Lol

I'm new to wax and the forum but I have to agree that Dreamcatcher is very nice. I've not tried any of RE's vanillas but I've read that their french vanilla is good.

I think my favorite is vanilla bean from NG or Mrs. Claus cookies from NG. Candlewic has sugared vanilla shortbread that's really good too!

Hope that helps!

Belinda

Florals eh?

Red Ginger (Lebermuth)

Paris Amore (Candlewic)

Wisteria (see where you can find it straight up and not mixed with anything ... maybe Elements)

Heather (see where you can find it straight up ... maybe Candlewic ... it should be a borderline-ish mild-heavy FO that can so be tamed down with rains, vanilla, patch, or hyped up with other florals)

Ultraviolet (The Scent Works, and take a good hard look there because there are some beauties there that aren't heavy ... Enchanted Orchid I think is there and comes to mind ... at least it's Enchanted something)

Sandalwood Rose (very nice blend and probably the best comes out of SGS/Tony's ... or one of the divisions that carries it.)

If it's not for wax with a wick, Grapefruit Jasmine (Candlewic)

Vanillas ... well DayStar's Stacy is the vanilla freak (I mean that nicely. Check her out. I don't think she will disappoint in her repertoire.)

With all that said, take a look into Backwoods. She has some interesting lavender/lilac blends.

I have to agree with the Dreamcatche from RE. It's such a nice, soft white floral. It worked great in candles and cp soap.

Eta: too green things up, try Bamboo Sugarcane. It is a strong, strong oil. _

Edited by LeahRB