Question about two suppliers?

Belinda

I live within driving distance of three fragrance supply companies, Daystar, Texas Candle Supply and Houston Candle Supply.

I've ordered from all three and read good things about Daystar but don't read anything about TCS or HCS. I've only ordered a handful of FO's from each. Are there any FO's from Texas or Houston Candle Supply that are recommended?

All three have had good, strong FO's of what I've ordered. Texas has the best leather I've smelled so far.

Thanks!

Belinda

Yes, I'm a little over an hour away from BitterCreek South and order a lot of my wax from them but I've not been overly impressed with most of the FO's that I get from them. I poured out a whole 16 oz bottle of their oatmeal cookie, it smelled so bad! But I do have a couple from them that are ok.

I'm only 10 miles from Daystar (I work at the school where her son attends so she delivers to me), 15 miles from Texas Candle Supply from where I work and an hour from Houston Candle Supply.

I've ordered three oils from Texas Candle Supply and they were all good and strong. He doesn't have a store front but my oldest son lives in Livingston so he just met his wife and got my order and brought it to me.

I've been wanting to try some of his other oils but don't see any reviews on here about his company or Houston Candle supply and I was just wondering if someone used their oils and which ones they recommended.

It's kind of dangerous for me to be that close to all those FO's LOL!

Belinda

Yes, I'm a little over an hour away from BitterCreek South and order a lot of my wax from them but I've not been overly impressed with most of the FO's that I get from them. I poured out a whole 16 oz bottle of their oatmeal cookie, it smelled so bad! But I do have a couple from them that are ok.

I'm only 10 miles from Daystar (I work at the school where her son attends so she delivers to me), 15 miles from Texas Candle Supply from where I work and an hour from Houston Candle Supply.

I've ordered three oils from Texas Candle Supply and they were all good and strong. He doesn't have a store front but my oldest son lives in Livingston so he just met his wife and got my order and brought it to me.

I've been wanting to try some of his other oils but don't see any reviews on here about his company or Houston Candle supply and I was just wondering if someone used their oils and which ones they recommended.

It's kind of dangerous for me to be that close to all those FO's LOL!

Belinda

Can I just say that we are all incredibly jealous for being so close to so many suppliers? :)

Can I just say that we are all incredibly jealous for being so close to so many suppliers? :)

LOL! And I'm jealous of those that can go into Candelwic or other places that have store fronts! I guess I'm hard to please but it really detrimental to my checking account to have so many FO's so close to me! LOL!

LOL! And I'm jealous of those that can go into Candelwic or other places that have store fronts! I guess I'm hard to please but it really detrimental to my checking account to have so many FO's so close to me! LOL!

That would be so very very bad for me but I would be so VERY VERY happy! I can't even imagine how sweet that would be! You very lucky girl!:soap baby dance:

Daystar's black tea is one one of my new favorite scents

I am still needing to get around and test the other samples I purchased

Which samples did you get from Daystar? Will you share your results when you test them please!

I have also tried ahoy matey- wonderful scent but I went with MW sea witch because I got better throw in my wax with it-cherugi winds is an amazing scent but I had wick issues and little throw so I do plan to order more and try again

The ones I have yet to try are:

- white chocolate macadamia nut

-tangled in barbed wire

-good looking cowboy

-wrangler

-ultimate vanilla

-Arabian nights

-blueberry vanilla

-apache tears

-sweet pumpkin

-Amande coco

-cake batter

They smell great oob but just haven't had time to test them- when I do I will post- I use 415 and 3022

I have also tried ahoy matey- wonderful scent but I went with MW sea witch because I got better throw in my wax with it-cherugi winds is an amazing scent but I had wick issues and little throw so I do plan to order more and try again

The ones I have yet to try are:

- white chocolate macadamia nut

-tangled in barbed wire

-good looking cowboy

-wrangler

-ultimate vanilla

-Arabian nights

-blueberry vanilla

-apache tears

-sweet pumpkin

-Amande coco

-cake batter

They smell great oob but just haven't had time to test them- when I do I will post- I use 415 and 3022

I've poured wranglers and it smells just like you're in a western store with all the new jeans around you! Not particularly my kind of scent but here in Texas stuff like that and leather and leather blends go over good.

I've also poured White chocolate macadamia nut cookies and it smells really good too! I like bakery scents the best but like tropical and berry too.

Let us know your results! I'm especially anxious to hear how you like cake batter, tangled in barbed wire, good looking cowboy and arabian nights!

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I had the same Dilema lol! I live in Los Angeles and the only supplier close is Genwax and I am definitely not a fan of their oils. I really love Daystars oil, I just wish she would respond to emails. I think I have sent her emails regarding 3 different scents over the past 2 years and I am still waiting for a response to any of my questions. :(

Oh wow, Have you emailed her lately?

I'm friends with her on Facebook and could put a bug in her ear if you want me too. She's always responded to anything I've written to her about but it was on there and not in her email account. I did ask her a couple of weeks ago when she was up at the school I work at, if she would send me a list of her favorite bakery scents and she hasn't done that yet but I know she's been on vacation too.

Just let me know and I'll mention it to her when I message her about her favorite scent list!

Belinda

Hey Belinda! She added me as a friend on her Facebook account. Let me try to message her there and see if I get a response. If I don't hear anything, I may take you up on that Thank you! :)

I wish I had the same Dilema lol! I live in Los Angeles and the only supplier close is Genwax and I am definitely not a fan of their oils. I really love Daystars oil, I just wish she would respond to emails. I think I have sent her emails regarding 3 different scents over the past 2 years and I am still waiting for a response to any of my questions. :(

I've used Genwax's FO's for years and love them. I usually get away with using less than 1 oz./lb because they are good and strong. :cool2:

Hey Belinda! She added me as a friend on her Facebook account. Let me try to message her there and see if I get a response. If I don't hear anything, I may take you up on that Thank you! :)

Great! I think you'll get a response from her there.

When I started buying oils from them they carried about 20 oils. They hired a new manager on the store side and he decided to expand that to like 75. That was cool but they have one by one stopped carrying EVERY one of the oils I used to get there. I used to buy my wax and my containers from them as well and surprise they stopped carrying them as well. I know the staff there well and they have all pretty much told me the same thing, and that is that they are much more focused on their wholesale accounts than they are with their retail store. For a time there was even told about closing the store completely. You would think that with an area the size of LA that we would have more than one supplier.

Wow! That is something. I live in a small town in East Texas and I live within driving distance of 4 that I know of. Daystar, Texas Candle Supply, Houston Candle Supply are all between 15 minutes to an hour away, and I didn't know that Bitter Creek South is only about an hour and a half away until just a few weeks ago. I'm a little surprised too that a city that size doesn't have more places to choose from to buy supplies.

Belinda

I would be in heaven!! Yeah it's pretty slim pickings here. It's so much easier when you can go and sniff before you buy. I grew up in Minnesota and moved away before I had started making candles. Had I known about Sweetcakes, let me tell ya!

I would be in heaven!! Yeah it's pretty slim pickings here. It's so much easier when you can go and sniff before you buy. I grew up in Minnesota and moved away before I had started making candles. Had I known about Sweetcakes, let me tell ya!

I have never tried SW oils..wonder if I'm missing something??

I would kill to be close to Sweetcakes, they have my favorite FO's!! :cool2: