Are these the right Portion Cups?

jackbenimble

Hey again! I know I need a #5 on the bottom to know if it's correct. I sent an email and in their reply they said we don't supply that info on our website. Is this for your business or recycle purposes. Anyway I responded and hopefully they will let me know. But if any of you have use these specific ones 1.5oz cups. Let me know. I'd prefer not to go to Walmart if possible unless it is 1.5oz. Thanks for any help! (link to product is below)

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/dart-conex-150pc-1-5-oz-plastic-souffle-portion-cup-125-pk/999P150.html

These are the same ones I used when I poured wax into cups. I also used some that were black. I've been told that they are supposed to have a #2 on the bottom and some I bought did have that and some didn't. I bought from two suppliers though and Solo was one of the brands I got and the #2 that's on the bottom is very small. I bought some off of ebay and the #2 is large. I'm not sure if it matters. I couldn't tell a difference in how they performed. Hope this helps!

Belinda

Hey again! I know I need a #5 on the bottom to know if it's correct. I sent an email and in their reply they said we don't supply that info on our website. Is this for your business or recycle purposes. Anyway I responded and hopefully they will let me know. But if any of you have use these specific ones 1.5oz cups. Let me know. I'd prefer not to go to Walmart if possible unless it is 1.5oz. Thanks for any help! (link to product is below)

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/dart-conex-150pc-1-5-oz-plastic-souffle-portion-cup-125-pk/999P150.html

I believe the Dart brand is the right one! That's what I have and use and I haven't had any problem's. I don't sell yet but I have alot I got from a restaraunt that burned and they were the Dart and mine have a #5 on the bottom! Hopefully someone else who order's these from this supplier will chime in! :)

These are the same ones I used when I poured wax into cups. I also used some that were black. I've been told that they are supposed to have a #2 on the bottom and some I bought did have that and some didn't. I bought from two suppliers though and Solo was one of the brands I got and the #2 that's on the bottom is very small. I bought some off of ebay and the #2 is large. I'm not sure if it matters. I couldn't tell a difference in how they performed. Hope this helps!

Belinda

There is supposed to be a #5 on the bottom. The #2's I believe don't quote me..over time will break down with certain FO's. Hopefully someone else will chime in and confirm this. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad to find out which ones are best myself! I did have a problem with the oil eating through some of the cups and that's why I stopped using them. I'm glad someone knew which ones to buy. I might actually use them again.

Belinda

• 9 months later...

Hoping to revive this thread as I'm soooooo confused on the portion cups to get!!! Suzy, you said yours have a #5 on the bottom, but when I clicked on your link it says polystyrene in their description and I thought that was the bad one. I can't find a supplier anywhere that specifically says polypropelene. I know the #2 is not good from experience. After a couple of months the bottoms fell out of them after sitting with a poured tart inside.

Does anyone use a portion cup that they are sure is the polypropolene? Any help would be appreciated! I got the oval ones awhile back, but that doesn't say either. They are more heavy duty and seem more durable, but I have a problem with the Avery labels sticking to the surface of them.

Thanks!

Jackie

I just looked at the bottom of all my stockpile now of portion cups from webrestaurantstore. So, Solo's are 2. The last batch I bought were the oval Newspring 1 ounce cups and they also have a #2. Does anyone have a link they can send that actually will have the #5 on there so I can be sure? I thought the Newspring brand was an ok one to use. I don't want to waste anymore money on these things at this point!

Thanks!

Do they have that number five on the bottom of them like I guess they are supposed to? If they do then I can place an order today. Maybe Dart is the name brand that's ok. Ellipso cups I have also say two. I could sell all of these to a deli I guess.... LOL

thanks!

My cups look just like that and are by Newspring but they clearly have the "2" on the bottom. Weird. Glad you were shipped the right ones!

I get my cups through Wasserstom. I would contact your supplier. Here is the spec details from the manufacturer indicating that they should be PP and recycle code of 5.

http://pactiv.com/products/containers/two-piece/ellipso-1oz-natural-cup-bulk-1000-e1001

I sure hope that these are not changing!

I always try and make sure my cups have the #5 on the bottom. For those that haven't had any trouble with other recyclable codes, woo hoo!!! I get my ellipso cups from Wasserstrom as well. Most Dart brand cups have the recycle code of 5 on the bottom but you will need to verify as they make some with other recyclable codes.