Who Remebers Old Mill's Goddess...Anyone carry it?

smellywax

ok, what the heck does this stuff really smell like? Is it similar to anything else?

No. And if anyone tells you so and so has one similar, don't believe it.

Ages ago AWE carried Spellbound, which was very close. It didn't have the depth, though. But it was close. Then her supplier changed the formula on her and it was some of the nastiest stuff on planet earth. And so dark it was almost black.

In all my years, I've never smelled anything quite like Goddess from OM. There are some scents nobody can duplicate. This would be one of those scents.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would like to be able to have someone that already has some of the old be able to compare..

especially before spending $30-60 dollars..

I think Bugtussie still has some, of the original fo.

i also know when you have a dupe made, they will make up a small amount to test..before making large amounts..

remember Angel?....i got some whipped butter cream? made with Goddess from her in a swap...i believe it was in 2007 or 2008..it is still divine....

I wish I had her recipe..it is still so fluffy..and still smells wonderful...i just found a tiny bit left in the back of my bathroom cupboard..

Hopefully that can get it to be soap safe with the new IFRA regulations

Wait a minute! You're saying people used this in soap for years (I don't soap but I've used it in perfume and butter) and now all at once some group of fools who fancy themselves smarter than you or me have decided we shouldn't do that.......and.........

never mind.

I'm not buying the hysteria. I'm guessing the government is behind this nonsense.

Wait a minute! You're saying people used this in soap for years (I don't soap but I've used it in perfume and butter) and now all at once some group of fools who fancy themselves smarter than you or me have decided we shouldn't do that.......and.........

never mind.

I'm not buying the hysteria. I'm guessing the government is behind this nonsense.

I agree. That's why a lot of CS FO went from "Bath/Body" to "Candles Only" last fall.

One of my favorites was Honeysuckle Jasmine. Another was Lemon Verbena.

I've known some people who have spent good money getting FOs duped. Turned out to be a wast of money for some of them. While the dupes worked well in candles the performance wasn't there for B&B or soap. Just because it smells the same didn't mean it was a composition duplicate. I'd be in for a pound or two if it was from the same manufacturer's original formula that worked well.

Do I understand that they the supplier is willing to order it and sell it from their site - or - would this be a co-op and the FO would be shipped from them to you and then on to us? Of course, for $30 a pound, I would expect the supplier to get the assurance from the manufacturer that it is original - and also whether or not it meets current IFRA regs.

I've found out that manufacturers will sell FOs that have been specially formulated for a customer if that customer has not ordered in a year or two (or another period of time as specified when the formulation was made.) That would make it cheaper since the supplier wouldn't be involved. The problem is identifying the manufacturer since suppliers can deal with several.

Edited by Judy, USMC
reword & added a ?

i did just get a reply from Southern Gardens ....she said she has all the original #..she can get it made without it being duped..

That is why I contacted them since someone said they took over Old Mills/Tony's fragrances. I really don't have a lot of time to do a coop on this so if you want to, I will more than happy hand the reins over to you on this since you have been in touch with them as well.

smellywax..i don't really want to run a co-op..i have never did one..

I think, I was emailing them about the same time you were,

I did tell them that I think we could sell over the 10lb. amount that they would have to get to have it remade.

I also asked them, if they could bring it back, with a pre-sale price like they do other scents..that they are wanting to bring back in..

I have not recieved a reply to that question..

But if they would do that..it would be alot easier for everyone..we could just order directly from them..

I will post here when they reply...

I totally agree...especially since they don't have to fork out any money if they do a prebuy and we pay them and they have a date to order by.I have never done a coop either and really don't want to. Lets see what they say about a prebuy.

smellywax..i don't really want to run a co-op..i have never did one..

I think, I was emailing them about the same time you were,

I did tell them that I think we could sell over the 10lb. amount that they would have to get to have it remade.

I also asked them, if they could bring it back, with a pre-sale price like they do other scents..that they are wanting to bring back in..

But if they would do that..it would be alot easier for everyone..we could just order directly from them..

Agree that ordering directly from them would be easiest. And with the posts here it looks like 10 pounds is a very easy goal. Guess the only thing left is to see if it is still body safe. Thanks for posting and keeping us up on things 8-GRAN-ONES.

i just went and dug out some probably 5-6 yrs. old soap..

it still smells fantastic..

it's a little shriveled up...but smells as good as the day it was made..

it is a hard one to describe..but once you smell it..you won't forget it..

you either like it or hate it..

i don't have the description for it anymore..

Throw it in the tub. Maybe it'll plump up. Better yet, throw it in my tub.

:yay:

I've known some people who have spent good money getting FOs duped. Turned out to be a wast of money for some of them. While the dupes worked well in candles the performance wasn't there for B&B or soap. Just because it smells the same didn't mean it was a composition duplicate. I'd be in for a pound or two if it was from the same manufacturer's original formula that worked well.

Truer words were never spoken. I'm not interested in a dupe. I want only the original. From the same manufacturer.

We made Goddess CP yesterday (thought we had already done it.) RTCP and it goes a little fast, but perfect!!!! It discolors to beige/light gold. I would take 2-3 #s. We have a couple ozs left! I would slightly compare it to Egyptian Dragon but not as Earthy, less Patch. Carole