Who Remebers Old Mill's Goddess...Anyone carry it?

smellywax

We made Goddess CP yesterday (thought we had already done it.) RTCP and it goes a little fast, but perfect!!!! It discolors to beige/light gold. I would take 2-3 #s. We have a couple ozs left! I would slightly compare it to Egyptian Dragon but not as Earthy, less Patch. Carole

Yes. More perfumy.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am another interested party. I would love to get my hands on a lb or two of the original. I think if the other soaping forums knew about this SGS would have a boatload of orders for it. Many people remember Goddess and it is a classic. Like I said, I am hoarding my last sample of it. I take it out and smell it every now and then. Nothing, nothing, smells like it. Its so earthy and sultry. Hard to describe.

Here is my reply from Southern Gardens..

Ruth

Hey I can still get the original Goddess formula. It will be $56.90 plus shipping per pound. I will add it to my pre-buy category very soon. Will you please let people know that I will be adding it to my pre-buy category?

Thanks & God Bless

Kathy

This is a very expensive oil!!!

Does anyone remember what it cost when Old Mill/Tony's carried it?

I wonder why so high in price whenever they told me 25 pounds would be around $650 plus shipping.

She may have quoted you the manufacturer's price - what she would have to pay for it. Or maybe she grabbed a number out of the air without checking. If she had the manufacturer do a drop ship for direct sale for a co-op she wouldn't have to do anything with it.

The $56.90 may be the manufacturer's price plus shipping to her times 2 (double the price to pay for the 1# bottles & caps plus her profit margin.) OR, hopefully, she just mis-typed the price quote to 8-Gran-Ones.

I doubt at that price she would get the pre-buy minimum she wants. And if she won't divulge the manufacturer or has an exclusive right to the formula, I personally would probably do without ordering from her. If someone were willing to host the co-op - AND - if she were still willing to meet the price quoted to smellywax ($26 per pound plus shipping to the hostess) I would commit to that plus money for bottles and hostess fees.

$30-34 before shipping to me sounds reasonable.

Big question still remains - would it still be "skin safe" ?

No it wasn't. I've seen more expensive oils though. It was one of Lebermuth's sandalwoods that they had. At the time I couldn't find enough stuff to fill my ordering req. so I said screw it and it better be good. It was so expensive that I think I should frame it if I don't get around to using it.

I'm betting it's not an error. Costs have gone through the roof. It was in the neighborhood of $30 from OM. I don't want to go through years old records, but I know it was one of the more expensive oils I had ever used. I always waited until OM had free shipping or some special going, then stocked up.

I am not interested if it's going to be over $50. No oil is that good.

I just recieved this message..I am sure it will make a lot of you very happy..

Ruth

I have some good news. I have made some adjustments and have cut the cost to where I make just enough to pay my over head and have changed the price on the fo Goddess to $38.95 per pound. Will you please share this with others.

Thanks & God Bless

Kathy

she just said to watch for it on the prebuy page..

that she will be adding it shortly..

I can wait either...

i think i am going to get several lbs. and repour into amber glass..just in case, it does not come back, except for this pre buy..

but i hope that it sells well enough, that it will be a regular scent she stocks...

I just recieved this message..I am sure it will make a lot of you very happy..

Ruth

I have some good news. I have made some adjustments and have cut the cost to where I make just enough to pay my over head and have changed the price on the fo Goddess to $38.95 per pound. Will you please share this with others.

Thanks & God Bless

Kathy

You beat me to it :D She emailed me the same and called me today as well. Sounds like this FO has really gone up in price and I can see why...it is awesome in both bath and body stuff and candles! I know I will get at least 2 pounds. Once Ruth or I see it up on the prebuy, we will let everyone know. Lets make this happen :)

For those of you who have never used this oil and want a sample - let me know by PM. I have a bar of CP soap that was made a little over a year ago. I can cut it into skinny slices and would be willing to send out samples. For those of you who work with wax and just want to smell it I have a bath bomb I will crush and put a bit in a baggie.

In order to judge exactly how many samples I need I will open this offer up for one week - Or until my supply runs out. I will mail all samples next Monday (Feb 18th.) When you PM please give me the mailing info and if you want soap or bomb. The postage will be my treat ....