Poppyseeds

Candybee

Also, who has a kick butt Lemon Verbana for CP? I am sooooo tired searching for a good lemon. I have Elements Blueberry Lemon Verbana. They promised it smells heavenly in CP but I barely notice the scent after only 2 weeks curing and its not very lemony. I have another lemon from them I will try soon but I really, really, want a super lemony Lemon Verbana that sticks and smells great.

Oh thank you TallTayl!! You know, I never ordered from AH before. Funny how you tend to keep using those suppliers you are used to using.

YWVM. Theirs has performed exceptionally well in every wax (eeswax, soy and palm) and B&B application (soap, lotion, balm, butter, bath fizzie, bubble bath, shampoo, conditioner, you name it) I have tried.

Guest OldGlory

I also have made Lemon Poppyseed soap with BCNs Lemon Pucker, sold out every time I made it. I add poppyseeds sparingly. Too many and it does get too scratchy and rough. I also grind oatmeal in a coffee grinder until it's almost powder for soap. I'm picky about soap that doesn't feel good against my skin.

Thanks for all the replies. I will try the poppyseeds but need to know what is moderation? 1 tsp pp? I make 3.35 lb batches. How much (in moderation) do you suggest I use? I don't want an exfoliating soap. I just want to use the poppyseeds for eye appeal and a bit of texture.

One of the seeds I really like using for an exfoliation bar are strawberry seeds. I just puree some fresh strawberries (about 1-2 oz pp of oils) along with my milk and add it into my soap at light trace. The seeds look nice and the scrub is fairly mild. Customers seem to really like my strawberries and cream soap.

One of the seeds I really like using for an exfoliation bar are strawberry seeds. I just puree some fresh strawberries (about 1-2 oz pp of oils) along with my milk and add it into my soap at light trace. The seeds look nice and the scrub is fairly mild. Customers seem to really like my strawberries and cream soap.

Do the strawberries turn brown? and do you count the puree as part of the water?

Just wondered how the strawberries react with lye.

When i make cucumber soap, I count the puree as part of my water, but add the puree to the batter after trace. No discoloration then.

Not sure if its the strawberries or the FO I use but my strawberries & cream soap does turn a light tan. I use CS Med Fig. I do count the puree as part of my liquid. I just split my liquid so half goes to lye solution and the other half I can play around with, milks, juices, fruit purees, etc.