NG FO's....need opinions on some scents

HayCreekCandles

So I waiting for my samples to arrive from NG to test some new FO's to add to our everlong scent list. I was curious to see if anyone has experience with these scents and how they do in paraffin ....

Acai Berry

Indian Sandalwood

Dragon's Blood

Patchouli

Sweet Orange Chili Pepper

Sacred Sandalwood

Aloe Vera & Cucumber

I guess I should add I work for a chiropractor and she wanted me to add "spa or wellness" type scents to sell in the office. My scent list now is more geared toward country/primitive which is what we have been for years so these scents are a little different than what I am used to. Thanks!

Sweet Orange Chili Pepper is great in every application I put it in. Great mixer too. Strong throw in 415 soy.

Ditto this. Incredible hot & cold throw in a parasoy blend.

Acai Berry

Indian Sandalwood

Dragon's Blood

Patchouli

Sweet Orange Chili Pepper

Sacred Sandalwood

Aloe Vera & Cucumber

I guess I should add I work for a chiropractor and she wanted me to add "spa or wellness" type scents to sell in the office. My scent list now is more geared toward country/primitive which is what we have been for years so these scents are a little different than what I am used to. Thanks!

And this is just my opinion, but of the scents you listed I would only consider the Acai Berry & Aloe Vera & Cucumber to be "spa or wellness" type scents. The others seem potentially too strong to be soothing in an aromatherapy way. Maybe the sandalwoods would be, I've read that cedarwood is good for aromatherapy, but I'm not familiar with the ones you listed. I'm sure Scented would disagree with me about the patchoulis though! :wink2:

Edited by mzpickles

Well, I did some googling, and it turns out that Patchouli & Sandalwood are supposed to have aromatherapy properties. I always think of herbals and other "clean" scents as belonging in a spa, my rule of thumb is if I can drink it in a cup of tea then it's good! One of my favorites in a candle is lemongrass & sage and anything with green or white tea notes.

Here's a website with some good information:

http://www.wellcat.com/Aromatherapy%20Notes.htm

Edited by mzpickles

Geranium is a great aromatherapy scent

Bourbon geranium from Scentworks is awesome

Rose geranium from Ah/Re is also very nice and has more rose in it

Lavender is huge

Peppermint or spearmint

Lemongrass

Eucalyptus

Bergamot

Chamomile

Cypress

Black pepper

Rosemary

Frankincense

Ylang Ylang

Patchouli is a must

Essential oils are becoming huge in chiropractor offices- my chiro/nutrition center uses them - so any essential oil you can find in an FO would be ideal and then you can label them what it does for you mind and body

Example: lavender- (which CS is the closest to the real EO I have found) helps to calm stress and anxiety and promote better sleep

CS also has rosemary and a great frank and myrrh

I think sticking with scents closest to essential oils is a good idea for this project seeing its a wellness center

You can even blend some and come up with some of your own- I love stuff like this and have a "essential" line myself so if you have more questions I would be happy to try and help you out

So I poured Acai Berry, Sweet Orange Chili Pepper and Aloe Vera and Cucumber. Not impressed at all with Acai Berry to me it smells like grape. Aloe Vera and Cucumber is a little too perfumey for me burning. I really like Sweet Orange Chili Pepper now i am trying to get the coloring down for it. Not quite sure what shade of orange to do. Still have yet to pour the others....

Some of these scents like the Sweet Orange Chili Pepper we are adding to our regular line. The doctor actually told me the other day whatever I decided to bring in doesn't have to be "spa or aromatherapy" scents. she said whatever sells. she personally likes citrus scents. So its fair game ....

Ditto this. Incredible hot & cold throw in a parasoy blend.

And this is just my opinion, but of the scents you listed I would only consider the Acai Berry & Aloe Vera & Cucumber to be "spa or wellness" type scents. The others seem potentially too strong to be soothing in an aromatherapy way. Maybe the sandalwoods would be, I've read that cedarwood is good for aromatherapy, but I'm not familiar with the ones you listed. I'm sure Scented would disagree with me about the patchoulis though! :wink2:

hehehehehe. Patch in EO form is fantastic for driving away bugs as in sickness. If you ever get your hands on the EO, it'll be good till the day you die ... just sayin'. It's also considered to be an aphrodisiac, but Mz may disagree with me lol. HOWEVER, don't waste your $ on patch from here. Just not a fan of it. Indian sandalwood is good thrower, but it's not the best sandalwood out there either ... for cheaper versions, it's a good one.

Haven't tried the sacred sandalwood.

The Acai Berry really is like a strong grape IMO. Aloe vera and cucumber might be too light for wax.