Holiday Bazaar 12/17/12

mzphee

I haven't done any shows this year with the wax melts but here are a couple of ways I have displayed them. With the plastic bins, I'd like to make a more prominent way to display the scent name. With the round table display, I used whatever was available at that show for my display.

post-13101-139458505534_thumb.jpg

post-13101-139458505529_thumb.jpg

My first thought, as a customer, is go UP, lol. As a shopper, I'm more apt to notice or look closer at things on a higher level as opposed to straight down on a table. That might just be me, though, lol.

Thanks Beth I was thinking I need some type of shelves or something...I have been looking around for somethings...thanks again

I agree with Beth I would also go with some height! Use some boxes under you table cloth!

Please don't get upset when I say this, its not meant to be mean, just some advice to help make your set up look

more Inviting..

If Your table skirt could be put in the dryer for a few minutes it would take out the wrinkles..

Your color scheme is awesome!!! I love it!!!

Hugs Maggie

Edited by MaggieMay

I haven't done any shows this year with the wax melts but here are a couple of ways I have displayed them. With the plastic bins, I'd like to make a more prominent way to display the scent name. With the round table display, I used whatever was available at that show for my display.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25318[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25319[/ATTACH]

I love the round table, in my shop I use wire baskets and fabric square boxes

For comparison, this is my display at a show 2 weeks ago. I had two 8ft tables.

post-12619-139458505543_thumb.jpg

As for my tarts, I have displayed a couple kinds of tarts. 2 ounce cups, that I display in wooden crates that I got at JoAnns, the clamshells displayed on a grid type spinner, and wax brittle that I have set up on wire racks. I also use burgundy napkins that match the table cloths, to cover up the display units, like wire racks and wooden crates.

post-12619-139458505535_thumb.jpg

post-12619-13945850554_thumb.jpg

Edited by PAgirl89

I agree with Beth I would also go with some height! Use some boxes under you table cloth!

Please don't get upset when I say this, its not meant to be mean, just some advice to help make your set up look

more Inviting..

If Your table skirt could be put in the dryer for a few minutes it would take out the wrinkles..

Your color scheme is awesome!!! I love it!!!

Hugs Maggie

LOL Maggie I said the samething about my table cloth I took it out the package the day of the show...its plastic next time I will make sure its wrinkle free....

Its kinda hard to see in this photo but I put mine in a wooden stand with wood crates, left side of picture. However, I usually only have a 6ft table and I'm limited to how many will fit but as they sell down I just keep adding more. People seem to like them at a higher level, it catches there eye and is easier to see.

post-4600-139458505546_thumb.jpg

Cheap idea to add height is to use a plastic bin upside down with a cloth napkin over it. A couple of Zip Loc containers of different depths with cloth napkins over them.

It's probably too late to start now, but Michael's has small wooden crates. You can pick them up fairly cheaply with the 40% off coupons. They can double as a carrier and display for your melts.

Do you have an odds & ends store like Big Lots or Christmas Tree Shop? Walk around and look at everything as if it is a potential display. I used to have a 2-tiered fruit stand. It would be great for holding melts (I used it for air fresheners).

And, I hate to say it but the first thing I noticed was the wrinkled skirt. I'm weird like that.

Thank you all so much I will began a hunt to search for things with height and I'm going to find a nice cloth for the table instead of the plastic table cloth. My calmshells ate on a peg board with an wooden easel , I was thinking to keep that and maybe paint the peg board, what do you think, I have a few more to upload from other shows also

I think painting the peg board would freshen it up. I would also space your clamshells out and not make them so symmetrical. You could even print a few price signs or deal signs ( I.e. buy 4 get 1 free ) to mingle in with your clamshell display. Good luck. Looks like your on the right track. Make sure you post a picture of your final results. :)

How about something along these lines. I love these types of shelving and they fold up nicely, etc..

Look at the other items this ebay store has. HTH

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Display-Shelf-Portable-3-Shelves-4-Panels-58-T-/140353981434?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20adbfcbfa

This is cool!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pegboard-4-Panel-58-tall-Folds-Flat-No-Tools-/140330464295?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20ac58f427

Edited by candlelady

I think painting the peg board would freshen it up. I would also space your clamshells out and not make them so symmetrical. You could even print a few price signs or deal signs ( I.e. buy 4 get 1 free ) to mingle in with your clamshell display. Good luck. Looks like your on the right track. Make sure you post a picture of your final results. :)

thanks im still playing with it but spacing it out does seem good and most def painting the peg board lol

Candlelady I love these Im going to look through the store and see what else they have..thanks