Anyone using KY125 wax?

I am having some quality issues with numerous bad batches of GB444 wax, so I'm researching what new waxes to try and I am thinking of giving this one a go... how is CT and HT?  Any history of quality issues?  Eco wicks?  Other wicks?  Any input is appreciated! 

• 3 months later...
13 hours ago, CristiLee said:

I do believe KY 125 may be a branded version of 415.. I think I have heard that before.  I purchased a sample bag but haven't tested it yet.  KY 125 is still made.. it was purchased by Rustic Escentuals and you can purchase it from them! 

Might want to give AH/RE a quick call to see what the closest offset is. 

A little light reading of the RE store shows descriptions for a couple of the the KY waxes are practically identical to the GB 🧐

8CBE40A5-81A1-4507-BA4D-B3DCEA3AFE90.jpeg24102A5E-7B28-4DCF-B2DA-127E50899CAC.jpeg

Some soy waxes are straight up soy, such as GB 415, BC's EZ Soy, and KY Pure Soy.  Others have "additives" or "enhancements" added, such as KY-125, GB 444, GB 464, and CB-135.  These ingredients are added to increase fragrance load or help with frosting, scent throw, etc.  Since 415 is straight soy wax, and KY-125 contained additional botanicals such as cottonseed oil, they are not the exact same wax.  

C-3 is about the only soy wax I have not worked with, but I believe it falls into the former category, alongside 415 and such.  My understanding is that It's a straight soy wax.

KY125 has been discontinued by the manufacturer.  I called this morning and it is no longer on their website.  It was discontinued about 3 months ago and I am not happy the customers weren't informed. Shame!

Now coming into the season and I don't have the wax I have used for years!  I mixed it with my paraffin and loved the results.  Does anyone know of something comparable?

Having to test my whole line is not fun!   

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, candlebug said:

KY125 has been discontinued by the manufacturer.  I called this morning and it is no longer on their website.  It was discontinued about 3 months ago and I am not happy the customers weren't informed. Shame!

Now coming into the season and I don't have the wax I have used for years!  I mixed it with my paraffin and loved the results.  Does anyone know of something comparable?

Having to test my whole line is not fun!   

Candlewic has a Soy 125, it is comparable to GW 415, so I believe it should be a good replacement for the KY 125. I have mixed the CW Soy 125 with paraffin, with good results.

HTH!

• Thumbs Up 1