How the heck do you package pillar candles?

They will get handled a lot so they need some kind of protection.  I'm not sure that boxes are going to hold up to people constantly opening and closing them to sniff, but I have no idea what other options there may be.  All I can come up with is a cello bag, but then people can't sniff.  Google was no help.

• Like 1

I would think it would depend on the type of box you use.  Some may not hold up to well but others i would think should hold up pretty good.  It would also depend on where and how they are being sold as well.  What about something like this https://www.papermart.com/burgundy-frame-plastic-boxes/id=16632  just did a really quick search and found that.

• Like 2

Shrink wrap maybe...and cut a hole around the wick for smell factor - seems store bought ones have that thick noisy plastic with holes on top but that’s all I got 

I like boxes not agree they wouldn’t hold up with everyone wanting to look and smell 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, bfroberts said:

They will get handled a lot so they need some kind of protection.  I'm not sure that boxes are going to hold up to people constantly opening and closing them to sniff, but I have no idea what other options there may be.  All I can come up with is a cello bag, but then people can't sniff.  Google was no help.

I'm wrestling the same problem now. I've thought about having small pillars for each one, so the customer can use them like testers at the cosmetic counter in the department stores. I'm going to use a combination of cellophane bags, boxes, and those mylar stand up ziplock pouches depending on the candle. That's the plan anyway.:whistling: But you're right, there will always be the person that just has to open the carton.:lol:

9 hours ago, ncraiders said:

I would think it would depend on the type of box you use.  Some may not hold up to well but others i would think should hold up pretty good.  It would also depend on where and how they are being sold as well.  What about something like this https://www.papermart.com/burgundy-frame-plastic-boxes/id=16632  just did a really quick search and found that.

I forgot about Papermart.  I don't think the boxes will work, because a lot of my buyers also have transport issues, but some of the cylinder containers might.  Thanks.

9 hours ago, moonshine said:

Shrink wrap maybe...and cut a hole around the wick for smell factor - seems store bought ones have that thick noisy plastic with holes on top but that’s all I got 

I like boxes not agree they wouldn’t hold up with everyone wanting to look and smell 

Shrink would be ideal actually, but I don't really like the shrink bags and I can't find any tubes that are large enough.  They've got to be out there somewhere...

2 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

I shrink wrap mine with an opening around the wick so customers can smell them. 

I leave the bottoms on mine open over the warning sticker to keep the tops clean. Holes around my wicks (or anywhere) end up with dust and discoloration. (Beeswax). 

My signage instructs to smell the bottoms. Keeps dust out of noses and gives a really strong whiff concentrated against the shelf. 

• Like 1