No FREAK'n WAY...

Sponiebr

Um, I just kinda stumbled into this find... https://www.webstaurantstore.com/louana-35-lb-bag-in-box-white-coconut-oil/101LOU21063.html

WITH SHIPPING: $62.28.  

Has anyone heard of these folks or done business with them? Because I'm like REALLY INTERESTED in these folks at the moment. 

They also have palm 

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/zero-trans-fat-donut-fry-shortening-cube-50-lb/101SHTDNTZTF.html

$33.99 for PALM OIL!!!!? ... (you wouldn't BELIEVE the stream of astonished expletives coming out of my mouth right now...)  

Both of those items with an estimated shipping of $34.02.

Grand total  SHIPPED: $108 

I haven't placed the payment yet I wanted to see if anyone knew about these folks before I do that.

(Yes, yes... I know I'm all about the BAD ideas... That's the whole point, I do BAD ideas, not STUPID ideas.) ;)

Slainte, 

Sponiebr

The Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

I've bought glass from them and items for our store but never coconut oil.  I will say my paper cutter got lost and they immediately sent a replacement without waiting for the freight company to respond.

Ok, a positive example of customer service support. Was the product that you've ordered from them good? Did they ship quickly?  

I’ve always had good luck with them. Never used for oils, just serving pieces, and Glassine bags. 

Just watch the measurements on your oils. The coconut is only 35 pounds. Soapers Choice might still be a better bet for you. 

• Like 1

I shop from them all the time and get very good quality and fast shipping. Haven't tried their oils yet as the best deals I have found are still not surpassed by Soaper's Choice. Sometimes I use ED for lye or shea when they are having their super sale deals.

I would not hesitate to buy from Webstaurant if you want to try them. They have all kinds of goodies I just can't get at other places.

There is one more place I sometimes buy oils from and that is Golden Barrel in Lancaster, PA. They sell in 5 gallon pails instead of 50 lb pails like Soaper's. But they have sales and sometimes I can get a better deal at GB. But GB has a smaller selection so I have only bought olive oil, sunflower oil, coconut oil, and I think it was either palm or pko from them before.

• Like 1

I buy things from there for our cabins sometimes.  Always received good service and good products.  I never thought to look for oils, so thank you for the heads up.  Might work out with shipping charges next time I have to order something from them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bfroberts said:

I buy things from there for our cabins sometimes.  Always received good service and good products.  I never thought to look for oils, so thank you for the heads up.  Might work out with shipping charges next time I have to order something from them.

You'd be surprised at all the stuff they carry! Sometimes I get lost just cruising their website looking at all their stuff! LOL I've bought baskets, sandwich board signs, table displays, cafeteria trays, nitrole gloves, and more. They also carry those portion cups you can use for for melts, seasonings, oils, butters, mixes, furnishings, take out containers, plastic containers, shopping bags, signs, racks, displays, linens, and so much more!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sponiebr said:

Ok, a positive example of customer service support. Was the product that you've ordered from them good? Did they ship quickly?  

Yes they ship very quickly and the products I've bought have been excellent.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I’ve always had good luck with them. Never used for oils, just serving pieces, and Glassine bags. 

Just watch the measurements on your oils. The coconut is only 35 pounds. Soapers Choice might still be a better bet for you. 

I just went over and rechecked base prices with no shipping so for 50 lbs of CO at Soaper's Choice it's $1.45/lb. with Webstaurant just going with the LuAnna  I linked up there, at 35 lbs. each (get 2 of them) works out to 70 lbs. and base price without shipping is $1.14/lb. and with shipping it's still looking like it's at minimum competitive if not flat out cheaper. 

You know me though... "Cheap bass turd extraordinaire"   

Speaking along these lines... Anyone ever use Lira OO Pomace before? 

-Sponie

• Like 1

Definitely watch olive oils. Many are adulterated with canola. I found that out the hard way. And had to throw out a LOt of soap. 

YOu may have a restaurant supply supply house closer to home. The bag in a box shortening turns to complete liquid on hot delivery trucks 

• Like 1

I've bought oils from them several times and have been happy with the product. I actually recommended them as an oil supplier on thedish. I've purchased coconut oil, refined olive oil and olive pomace oil from them with good results. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Candybee said:

I would not order the coconut oil in those boxes in the summer. They come in plastic bags in boxes and in this heat would totally liquify. But in the fall and winter should be okay.

I'm curious, how or why would this be an issue? I mean it's not like I'd be opening them straight off the mail horse's back, I'd take it inside first... It's got a little spout thingy right?  I'm in Florida, so if I have to rely on it being cold to order something I'm screwed. I would most likely end up transferring the CO to a 5 gallon bucket anyway. 

On 5/30/2018 at 8:36 PM, Bahbah1182 said:

I've bought oils from them several times and have been happy with the product. I actually recommended them as an oil supplier on thedish. I've purchased coconut oil, refined olive oil and olive pomace oil from them with good results. 

Awesome! I'm 'fraid I haven't been over at the Dish much these days, but I'm glad to hear that all the oils I was looking at have a positive review. 

9 hours ago, Sponiebr said:

I'm curious, how or why would this be an issue? I mean it's not like I'd be opening them straight off the mail horse's back, I'd take it inside first... It's got a little spout thingy right?  I'm in Florida, so if I have to rely on it being cold to order something I'm screwed. I would most likely end up transferring the CO to a 5 gallon bucket anyway.

From what I can see in the picture it is a bag in a box, not a cubitainer with a spout https://www.webstaurantstore.com/louana-35-lb-bag-in-box-white-coconut-oil/101LOU21063.html

I'd go for the pail instead or at least wait until the weather is cooler before ordering the box. That would arrive as a big oily mess! Ask me how I know!

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

Agreed candybee. A trash bag inside a cardboard box leaks. Badly. If you hate your ups driver, and all others with packages on the truck, then it’s a good choice. Otherwise, they can be a mess in summer.

for a while Columbus foods / Soapers Choice had leakage issues with pails and coconut oil.  They started using bags inside the 

ail. Yuk what a mess. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TallTayl said:

for a while Columbus foods / Soapers Choice had leakage issues with pails and coconut oil.  They started using bags inside the 

ail. Yuk what a mess. 

I remember that. Getting those greasy pails of coconut oil and olive oil was messy. Fortunately most of the oil arrived, but the pails were super greasy and oily and had to be cleaned up.

On 6/1/2018 at 9:19 AM, TallTayl said:

Agreed candybee. A trash bag inside a cardboard box leaks. Badly. If you hate your ups driver, and all others with packages on the truck, then it’s a good choice. Otherwise, they can be a mess in summer.

ail. Yuk what a mess. 

OMG... No! Really? (Ok, I'm horrified...)