Whipped Cream Topping?

My dear David loves the scent of cappuccino mocha, so I want to make him a candle that has the coffee scent with a touch of chocolate with vanilla scented "whipped cream". I'm going to make it out of soy wax. My question is this, how do I make the wax look like whipped cream? I don't have a hand mixer here with me, it's in a storage facility an hour away. Is there a way to make it by just whipping it up by hand? Do I wait until the soy is cooler then just stir like crazy as it cools? 

I like to make candles and light them and set it next to him while he's working on his web site :)

First pour your initial candle and let it harden to the stage where it is firm but not fully hard if you know what I mean.  Geezum crow,  this is sounding a little bizarre...lol....well you know what I mean don't you?  You want your whipped cream to adhere to your candle top so it is binding because the whipped cream is going to be soft.  Ok to whip your wax you need to let it sit till you see a film appearing on the top (it's getting to the slushy stage).  Now what I do is start whipping with a fork not real hard but just whipping until you are at a thick stage and immediately scoop out or if you catch it at the right stage you can pour the whipped wax right on top of your candle but you need to work FAST...and that is it!  Here are a couple of picturesof melts I have done like that.

Trappeur

Copyofmuffinmelts.jpg.f035a39c12d4e2c5cb72ad1f7794b7a9.jpg

CIMG7791.jpg.df2a2eae2dcdca4316ca35a4567f5aa0.jpg

CIMG7761.jpg.70b02be5db2a501def26adddae73f764.jpg

CopyofMelts.jpg.0642160959e4b65f0cb9d0bb5479457e.jpg

CIMG8666.jpg.2f2bba3df3a4805db251ac40168e082f.jpg

• Like 1

Exactly as others have said, wait til your wax starts to set up, then just whip with a fork, until it looks like the consistency you want, then add to the top of your candle. It may take some practice. 

If your bottom candle sets too hard or is too cool, just zap it with a heat gun until there is a thin melted portion, then add your topping, so that like Trapp said, the whipping adheres to the bottom candle. 

• Like 1

OH, cool! I was hoping I wouldn't need to go out and buy another mixer. So, I do melt the wax all the way down, then cool a bit to whip it up. Plop it on the "coffee" while that's still warm...I think I can do this!

I will post it after I make it, even if it's a disaster, LOL!  😊

Edited by Hopie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hopie said:

So, I do melt the wax all the way down,

Melt it enough to incorporate the scent well. 

7 minutes ago, Hopie said:

Plop it on the "coffee" while that's still warm...

Yes, exactly. If the bottom is no longer warm, just zap real quick with a blast of the heat gun and you should be good to go. 

Working on this coffee candle right now, lol! @Trappeur, those look yummy!  I like the way you put the "candies" in the cakes! They look so much like chocolate that I want to reach into the screen and EAT one! 

My dear David thinks I've gone mad, I've been pouring candles most of the day, LOL! Sure smells good in here :D

Here are some other ideas. Use a pastry bag or make your own by using a baggie and cutting a tip of the corner off. Extrude the wax from the bag for that canned whipped cream effect. Also, if you get one of those small, cheap stick blenders at Walmart you can whip the wax with that too.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Candybee! Yes, I think I'd like to use a pastry bag or plastic bag. Will I still be able to get the canned whip cream effect with a simple plastic bag? (I have a lot of those around here)

I made that candle last night, posted it in the candle gallery. Thank you for all of your help with this! I am having SO much fun!