Wooh-whee! Breathing a sigh of relief!

Crafty1_AJ

Just wrapped our last show of the season!  No more markets or shows until April!  Yahoo!  I'm officially on vacation, except for website sales.  Time to sew, read, and play video games.  LOL  And let my assistant handle pouring and packing at the slower pace we have Jan-March. 

We made more than 28x our booth fee at this last show.  This one is a goody.  All the vendors were raving about how well they sold!  My Dh was there a good chunk of the time, and he is a BORN salesman.  That may have helped our bottom line.  LOL

Sold loads of holiday soaps and threw away quite a few empty cases that we had brought candles in.  :D  I can't remember a time when I had so little unpacking to do when I got back.  LOL  Lip balms were so-so sellers, but sold OK-ish.   And I'm happy that I sold most of my holiday / winter tarts.  The few that I have left will be perfect for our use.  Then the non-seasonal ones will always sell whenever.

Really happy with this show.  Every last-minute Lucy and last-minute Linus comes and buys lots of presents at this show, because they know they've pretty much run out of time on having gifts shipped.  Ha ha  The only real surprise was how few Christmas Tree candles we sold.  Normally we sell a ton at this show, but we came home with half a dozen, which is WEIRD.  Oh well...I'm still happy as a pig in slop.  :)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on having a great show! I know it feels good to finish up for the season and take that time off. I am almost there, I have one more holiday market this Saturday then I am off for a couple weeks before my winter market starts up.

Sales have been all over the place this year. All in all I still outdid my sales from last year so its been the best year sales wise for me. But it didn't always feel like it-- some shows I normally do well at were a total bust while ones I least expected to do well my sales soared. It was like that all year wherever I went. Now that was weird! But as long as I am making money its all good!

• Like 1

Ditto what Tall said!!  I stopped making candles to sell in 2016 (maybe it was 2015) and I guess I need to go back to it.  My sales were down this year.  I still sell soy candles, just not my own and I just had to blow them out with a big sale at my cost.   I think my customers like having candles in the same scents as my melts so 2018 will be back to candles.

• Like 1