Soap on a Stick

Candybee

Making some neem & pine tar soap today that totally seized. This was before I even got a chance to add the pine tar! I was expecting it to be fast but wowzer! The culprit I believe was the stinging nettle powder I used. Its the only thing different about this batch.

Had to scrape and chisel it out of the bowl and plop into the crockpot. Will see what happens. Sigh... I was almost done making soaps today and then this!

• Like 1

Sucks because I really wanted to try out the stinging nettle powder and see how I liked it.

I finally mashed it down into the mold. Its one fugly loaf of soap. Some of the original chunks didn't quite melt down so I have a few smallish chunks in there. I figure if it doesn't come out okay I can wait until its hard enough to shred and get it smoothed out that way.

I have to say that adding a bit of goat milk and glycerin to the rebatch helped make it much more workable batter. Just couldn't quite melt all the small chunks thou.

• Like 1

I ask in innocence... some of those ingredients do not sound very inviting. Why would someone buy and use a soap with neem, pine tar, and stinging nettle? Must be some sort of traditional remedy.

Good luck with your rebatch.

• Like 1

Incendia - These are all ingredients for my eczema and psoriasis soap. They are very gentle, mild, and conditioning in soap. I would not put anything in my soaps that would irritate sensitive problem skin. These are all ingredients that are good for all types of problem skin types.

So I tried out a piece of the leftover soap in the crockpot this morning to wash my hands with. I think I found my new favorite soap! It is so mild even after one day. It left my hands feeling so soft and hydrated I didn't need to put any lotion on my hands at all. Can't wait to cut and cure these babies so I can wash with one!!:)

• Like 4