The New Tart Wax Is Out

Dolphin14677

I saw that and am going to try a 10 pound bag myself

and I also read the MSDS on it saying 

dont inhale the the fine mist may affect the respiratory system....I never saw this on wax before ? But I guess I haven't really looked at many other than my staple  wax and it doesn't say that- wonder what these botanicals are....

25 minutes ago, moonshine said:

I saw that and am going to try a 10 pound bag myself

and I also read the MSDS on it saying 

dont inhale the the fine mist may affect the respiratory system....I never saw this on wax before ? But I guess I haven't really looked at many other than my staple  wax and it doesn't say that- wonder what these botanicals are....

"The fine mist?" Whoa. How can that be avoided when it is heated. In a room. By humans. 

Its the same as GB/AAK94 [they sell it at aztec and a few other places].  It frosts terribly when pouring at higher temps.  A little better at lower, slushy temps, but still frosts.  Ive mixed it with my remaining PB and its a dream, go figure. :/

Fine mist? I've never heard of that before. 

I use 464 for my container candles and always heard I should not use it for tarts because it's such a soft wax, though I don't have much trouble with it. I don't make them often, just dabbling right now and thought this new wax might be promising. But if I can't breathe while I'm melting it...haha

• 4 weeks later...

I use GB 444 due to the higher melting point and use it in my clamshells and scent shots just fine. I still have some eco PB and that is what I use for my free standing molds. I still have tons so I can hold off a bit in finding a new PB wax.

Karen in MA

13 hours ago, kfintoni said:

I use GB 444 due to the higher melting point and use it in my clamshells and scent shots just fine. I still have some eco PB and that is what I use for my free standing molds. I still have tons so I can hold off a bit in finding a new PB wax.

Karen in MA

What do you pour the 444 at in order to prevent frosting?  

On 4/11/2017 at 1:34 PM, Dolphin14677 said:

The new tart wax is out and Candle Science has it. It says it can hold up to 2 ozs of fragrance oil per pound. I'm going to buy 10 pounds of it and see just how good it is. 

I'm curious, do you mean the Golden Brand 416? Hasen't that wax been around for awhile or am I missing something? I just purchased 10# of that one from CS to try it and thought it was the new wax to replace the Ecosoy PB, but now after reading so many reviews on the 416 I'm under the impression it has been around since last year. I have my 416 wax melting now and hoping for good results. 

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

I'm curious, do you mean the Golden Brand 416? Hasen't that wax been around for awhile or am I missing something? I just purchased 10# of that one from CS to try it and thought it was the new wax to replace the Ecosoy PB, but now after reading so many reviews on the 416 I'm under the impression it has been around since last year. I have my 416 wax melting now and hoping for good results. 

LP 416 has existed for over a decade.   Please see reference below from 2006.

ETA:    I think Dolphin is referencing the AAK 94 that's now on the CS site.   It's also offered by Filmore, Aztec, and others.  That one has been out since last year.    

Edited by KrisS
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2017 at 5:34 AM, coffeebean said:

No I was talking about the new ecosoya pb wax. I see now thought it's out of stock again. I'm moving on to a new wax. I don't have time to wait around for new waxes

On 5/8/2017 at 3:04 AM, Nickie said:

What do you pour the 444 at in order to prevent frosting?  

I generally pour when the wax is at an applesauce like consistency if that makes sense. I have very little frosting and gave up worrying about the occasional wet spot a few years back.

Karen in MA

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2017 at 6:36 PM, kfintoni said:

I generally pour when the wax is at an applesauce like consistency if that makes sense. I have very little frosting and gave up worrying about the occasional wet spot a few years back.

Karen in MA

Yes. Thabks for the info!