Christmas Theme Soap Challenge

Candybee

This challenge will run now through the end of December.

The challenge is open to anyone. It doesn't matter if this is your first soap or you have been making soap for years. This is for fun and all are welcome. There will be no judging.

You can make any kind of soap you want as long as it represents Christmas. You can make it using CP, HP, M&P, or any combo as long as its a bar of soap. Well, it can be a cupcake, pie, or specialty bar if you like. It doesn't have to be round or square, just solid, and you must make something to represent the theme.

Let your imagination guide you. If you have a favorite color or colors, scent, additive, topping, embed, swirl, whatever you like goes. Use any type of mold that strikes your fancy.

You can also discuss your process here and post pics of your soap here. Are you up for the challenge? Lets see what you can do!

• Like 1

When I went to post in that forum I saw where you attach pictures but not here lol Omgosh

I would still post the problems you are having. They may know why it's working in some forums and not others. 

I'm not on mobile so can't help you.

It works for me in all forums regardless of if it's the new Blue Mist formatted board or the IP.Board. 

I must have missed something. Can somebody please explain how the Christmas challenge works?

For this challenge really all you have to do is make a Christmas themed soap (which you can interpret any way you please!) and post the pics. 

From what I understand there is no "winner or loser" just the fun of making a Christmas themed soap "on demand" so to speak. 

We have until the end of December to post our creations. Be it 1 or many... 

Candybee will post several of these types of challenges throughout the coming year too. (I believe anyway, I probably shouldn't be speaking for her but this is my understanding) 

• Like 1

That's right. The challenge is for fun. All you do is make any kind of Christmas theme soap using any method, CP, HP, M&P.

You can post your pics here or in the gallery. Or does everyone prefer to post in the gallery? I was hoping we could post our pics on this thread but if you prefer the gallery go ahead. Just start the gallery thread "soap challenge... " so we know its in the gallery.

I think for this 1st challenge we can see if its better to post pics here on in the gallery. Anyway, I hope you stop by and talk about your soaping challenge in this thread.

I haven't started mine yet. I am still in the middle of holiday craft shows every weekend but when they wind down I can make something.

Jcandleattic and Candybee,

Thanks very much, ladies. Everything sounds great! I especially like this challenge because it takes a lot of pressure off of newbies that are timid about participating in a challenge with seasoned soapers . Newbies don't have to worry so much about the scent, texture and other stuff. Looking forward to this challenge.

One question comes to mind though. Are there any guidelines as far as pictures of our soap?

Cynthia

Not sure what you mean by picture guidelines. If you have one or several pics you want to share thats fine. If you are having problems posting any pics there are some instructions in the gallery or someone here will try to help you out. Other than that no guidelines I can think of.

Basically the question was not important now that I re-think it. I guess I was thinking more in terms of a professional photography competition. Should we post "x" amount of photos? Should they be a certain size? Should they be at certain angles? Like I said, not important but your response is appreciated.

When I went to post in that forum I saw where you attach pictures but not here lol Omgosh!

Oceangazer. how exactly are your trying to post your pictures?  What are you doing?

If we can't help you after you tell us what  you are doing, just send them to my email and I'll get them up for you...how's that?

Trappeur :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great! 

I'll have to wait until the week of the 13th to make mine. My show season will be over that weekend.

No rush! I haven't started mine yet either. I still have about 3 more Christmas shows to do and I am already exhausted trying to keep up. I probably won't start until towards the end of December.

• 4 weeks later...

Well Christmas has come and gone and I just did not get the time to work on any Christmas themed soap. Although I did have a dream about one I would like to try someday.

Sorry about the challlenge. Looks like people were just too busy this year or there was not enough time. I will figure out a completely new challenge and I hope some of you will take the plunge. So stay tuned.

If you still want to make a Christmas soap by all means make one and post about it. But it looks to me like this challenge pretty much died for now.