rewined candles

JI

The store I wholesale to also has rewined candles. Check out their website. This is one of those "why did I not think of this". Some general observations...

Amazing container and brown aged label. Cute wax type embellishment.

Simple - only a dozen or so wine fragrances.

The edge of wine bottle was sharp. Lends a rustic appeal. Just watch fingers.

Looks like undyed soy wax with eco wick.

Wicks were not perfectly centered. But thst is tough with the wine bottle base being concave.

Now the real surprise...the wine fragrances were not necessarily true wine frsgrances. I know my fragrances well and I have shopped around to several suppliers looking for good wines...one of the reds is cs mediterranean fig. Another red is black cherry with oaky noted. Another white - sauvignon blanc- is grapefruit citrus and grass. I swear they used cs meadow.

No weight on container but I am estimating 8 oz.

Price varies from $24-26 per candle. But it is so unique and jar must be a pain to cut.

There is no lid. Just a paper round loose cover with a hole in top for wick. Is this enough for scent retention?

Overall beautiful product and unique.

• 1 month later...

I love this look! I am also using wine & beer bottles as jars some. I bought a candle from Unwined to try out not Rewined just to be clear. I got it for $8 on sale. It is presented very nicely but does not burn well and has no hot throw at all. The wick is way too small and although the scent I bought is great you can only smell it when you hold your nose by the candle.....

My hubby cuts my jars with a wet saw and it's not that bad to do. We have to sand the tops some which kind of sucks. I use between 10 and 20 ounces of wax. I first saw it on Pinterest.

We have a gal at one of our craft shows that sells something similiar to this... she makes them herself... her edges though aren't rough, so I'm gathering she must sand the tops of the jars somehow to make them smooth. Nice idea.. "Upcycling" is a big trend right now...

Edited by SherriLynn

Cute, but it looks like the bottles they are using are flat at the bottom. All the wine I drink comes in bottles with the bottom raised. KWIM? How would you put the wick in there? Also is that a button on their label? Again, really cute but how does that stay on in transport?

They must make a lot for 11 people to work there.

Edited by Jeana

• 1 year later...

I agree, Rewined does make a great candle. There are several other companies that make a very similar product worth noting, such as... Rescued Wine, Unwined, Glassed Over.

My friend and I started our own little company, Wicked Wine Candles, and we make and sell wine bottle candles from recycled wine bottles as well. The reason I really like ours is the scent. We have two distinct wine scents, Merlot and Chardonnay that really smell great. The companies I listed (and as another mentioned in an earlier reply) have scents that do not really smell all that much like wine.

Additionally, our candles use timber wood wicks, so when burning they have a pleasant cracking sound to them.

We have been selling at local craft fairs for the past 2 years and just launched our website (and Amazon/Etsy listing) this past summer. I must say it is truly amazing talking to all the people I have met while working at these fairs. I am always amazed at how nice and helpful people can be when giving tips/advice for my candles.

I just wanted to thank those who have helped me along the way as I truly appreciate it - hopefully some of you are members on this site and are reading this

Edited by TallTayl
Removed hot link