Has anyone heard of....

kimmeroo

Candles From The Keeping Room? (CFTKR)...I got turned onto them recently..and their tarts are AWESOME! I absolutely LOVE them. This is the kind of tart I want to make(not style but throw). I have to say, i have made candles for 20 years but not tarts and have no clue what wax to go with. Their's seems like a hard wax like paraffin..so I may try some pillar wax and go from there. I was just curious as to who likes them as well as I do. :drool:

Kim:D

I've never heard of them, but their website says

"The Keeping Room is where we make all of our candles and tarts just for you. Our candle tarts and candles are made from the highest quality paraffin wax and fragrance oils. There is no cure time needed on our products."

I've never heard of them, but their website says

"The Keeping Room is where we make all of our candles and tarts just for you. Our candle tarts and candles are made from the highest quality paraffin wax and fragrance oils. There is no cure time needed on our products."

Haha..I never even saw that! I was so excited about ordering I just skipped that and hit Tarts and started browsing their scents. I just ordered for the 3rd time! I love their bakery scents especially.

TY for posting that!:)

I have tried a ton of them and they are great!

For people who like all of the shaped tarts (bread slices, mini bundts, cookie, etc.) hers are all shaped. The scents are great and the tarts last forever. It is the hardest paraffin I have ever encountered. Not a clue what it is.

Yes. That is what I was going to say. A bunch of "grubby" style silicone molds. They are packaged as I package mine. Cello bags, homespun ties. Several in a bag depending on size of bag purchased.

It is amazing to me how many people are just wild about all of the shapes. LOTS of forums full of posted pictures of shaped tarts, pie slices, cookie tarts and such.

Yes. That is what I was going to say. A bunch of "grubby" style silicone molds. They are packaged as I package mine. Cello bags, homespun ties. Several in a bag depending on size of bag purchased.

It is amazing to me how many people are just wild about all of the shapes. LOTS of forums full of posted pictures of shaped tarts, pie slices, cookie tarts and such.

yes..ppl love the shapes and the "personal" touches these YouTube vendors do for their customers! I have watching them for a while now and really have learned alot about what customers want and expect. Some of the personal touches are a hand written note on a nice stationary or notecard..extra "goodies"...and cute wrapping and packaging.

Makes me more interested in learning how. :)

Edited by kimmeroo

I ordered from Carol before I started making my own - back when she only sold off of ebay. I have always wondered what type of paraffin she uses but I cant figure it out. It has a translucent quality to it, so I thought maybe IGI 1343 with some additives, but who knows... I heard she used to be a member of this board a long time ago but I could never figure out her username. I was hoping to find her posts to see if she indicated which wax she used.

I ordered from Carol before I started making my own - back when she only sold off of ebay. I have always wondered what type of paraffin she uses but I cant figure it out. It has a translucent quality to it, so I thought maybe IGI 1343 with some additives, but who knows... I heard she used to be a member of this board a long time ago but I could never figure out her username. I was hoping to find her posts to see if she indicated which wax she used.

I think I will always buy from her just because she has the best product out there,(imo) that I have tried..and I have tried alot! I just hope some day mine can throw as good as hers does..I will test..test...test! :) As far as finding out what kind of wax she uses...I am not out to do that..I just hope I can have a great product like her's someday. I am not a business anyhow..I am a hobbyist and make for family..friends and benefits..that kind of thing. Good luck to you!

• 3 weeks later...
Her tarts look like a lot of extra work for something that's just going to be melted quickly. ? jmo.

I agree. but if you watch YouTube at all..this is what the customers love! And the presentation when they get they get their package. I am pretty simple I could care less about the shapes but I love her throw! Every melt I have tried kicks butt in my warmers anyways..she has fast shipping too! I am still learning how to make melts myself but I will always buy from her. She blends alot of her own scents..which I am trying to do too..but I still haven't found that kick butt recipe yet.

Just thinking out loud here but if its a very hard paraffin wax, I wonder do the tarts even melt in a scentsy warmer?

They don't in my Scentsy warmer unless i grate them up..I have an old Pampered Chef grater I bought at a garage sale for 3 bucks and use it for grinding tarts. :) works great! It also makes the tart go farther.(imo) :)

I quickly learned that I am in the minority. I prefer wax that is without color and I could not care a bit about shape. I want scent. Period.

You are right. Youtube and facebook tell another story. Pics and videos of shaped melts and loaves and pie slices and muffins. That and the packaging creates quite the chatter and report.

I don't know how these "YouTube vendors" can give away so much extra stuff. I watch all of these ladies videos too and it seems that it's almost an expectation to recieve 2 to 3 "samples" in every order. I can't say how much volume these vendors are doing to be able to afford that many samples per order but I know I can't. The most I do is have a small sniffie of wax in a container. Not even enough to burn just to get an idea of the scent on CT.

Im sorry to go like this but I've been wanting to post something related to all the wax groupies on YouTube for awhile now. It also seems like its the same vendors over and over again. They get good reviews on their tarts and candles so kudos to them! I also see new vendors sending some of the TOP wax groupies free products to "review" on camera for them for their subbies. It's an interesting tactic but I wonder how much buisness they get from doing this? I've been tempted several times to contact them and ask but I'd probably come off as a stalker or copycat or trying to horde in on their business prospects. Anyway. That's my daily rant. ;-)

Not a rant. At all!

I wondered the same thing but as a buyer I was thrilled with all of my extras. The first order that contained freebies took me by surprise as it was not expected. Then I got used to getting them and then was just as surprised by the first order that came without! Haha! I do not use candles, only melts so I am not aware what candle makers give as extras.

Now that I make for myself, I can see that many are just smart with overpours or promotion.

When I bought several 4 oz. or 8 oz. bags of melts, I got a few single melts in bags. Good way to promote a new scent or give away some that are best sellers to encourage buying. It worked on me! I bought a BUNCH off of free ones that I would not have bought on my own.

I even did it at my one day art fair. I made a bunch of mini bundts in a scent that everyone else likes but I do not and I packed them one in. When someone bought a bunch of bags of melts, I "gifted" them one of the little cakes. So, in my case, it was a good way to get rid of an oil I did not like yet had too much.

You said it Jack, they're Groupies! I watched some of them & nearly lost my mind. Either from laughing so hard or not being able to smack them. Just keep doing what you're doing & you'll do fine.

I don't know how these "YouTube vendors" can give away so much extra stuff. I watch all of these ladies videos too and it seems that it's almost an expectation to recieve 2 to 3 "samples" in every order. I can't say how much volume these vendors are doing to be able to afford that many samples per order but I know I can't. The most I do is have a small sniffie of wax in a container. Not even enough to burn just to get an idea of the scent on CT.

Im sorry to go like this but I've been wanting to post something related to all the wax groupies on YouTube for awhile now. It also seems like its the same vendors over and over again. They get good reviews on their tarts and candles so kudos to them! I also see new vendors sending some of the TOP wax groupies free products to "review" on camera for them for their subbies. It's an interesting tactic but I wonder how much buisness they get from doing this? I've been tempted several times to contact them and ask but I'd probably come off as a stalker or copycat or trying to horde in on their business prospects. Anyway. That's my daily rant. ;-)

Jack, I stay away from giving away products just so someone will do a "review" on YT,..I did a few times years back and you get them non-stop asking to do a review,..they expect it more than once and I am not as "big" to give that much away,..and really you dont get much business from it,..most people are set on their certain wax "suppliers" it seems,..like CBV, CFTKR,SHAYZ,LOL,FRONT PORCH,,....theres a ton. Now, if you can come-up with something totally different (theme) or something, you'll get the "attention" to your business.

ETS: I have thought about being a YT "reviewer" just so I could try all those vender's these reviewer's get to try (look at all the product they get for free)! :( Just kidding,..but sometimes I'm like WOW!!!

Edited by leisa2003