clamshells

marty

Can anyone tell me the secret to pouring in these tiny little openings in a clamshell, without the wax pouring all over the tops??? I tried using a glass measuring cup and this did work better than the pouring pitcher that I use, but I still was not able to get one without pouring over. Thank you. Marty

Are you trying to just pour into the cube portion? I've never tried that. I pour all my clamshells almost to the top - where it will come out as a solid bar that users can snap apart. I feel like I'm missing something with the question ... Marty, if the answer doesn't sound right please pm me.

Are you trying to just pour into the cube portion? I've never tried that. I pour all my clamshells almost to the top - where it will come out as a solid bar that users can snap apart. I feel like I'm missing something with the question ... Marty, if the answer doesn't sound right please pm me.

Judy, this is what I do as well. I just aim the pot at the middle of the clamshell and just let the wax run into the cubes and pour almost to the top. I get the drips from the pour pot, but that is about it.

Judy, this is what I do as well. I just aim the pot at the middle of the clamshell and just let the wax run into the cubes and pour almost to the top. I get the drips from the pour pot, but that is about it.

me three, I just aim for the middle and allow the wax to fill...i have learned where the fill line is..lol after many clean ups, but I use my 2lb pour pot alot too

Ditto here too- I just started doing these and the first couple of batches were a mess- I tried to pour exactly to 3 ounces but they looked horrid closed with too much overfill

I now pour slowly from the middle to just above where the lip starts- perfect and pretty!

Edited by moonshine

I transfer my wax into a 4 cup glass measuring cup, then getting down as close as I can, I pour SLOWLY from the middle divider all the way to the top, so it has a complete solid top once set.

My wax is , by definition, a two pour ( 4794 votive paraffin ) but if you pour very slowly, IF you get any dips once it's set, they are extremely minimal.