thoughts on my logo

dirtybirdsoaps

I am looking on input on my logo.....good or bad. (Logo is my avatar) If a bigger pic is need I can upload one from my other computer.

Im wondering everyone's thoughts on my logo because right now I'm trying to make a come back after a much too long break. I've been thinking about my labels recently and I was wondering if my logo is too......cute.......childish......I don't know what word I'm really looking for......maybe unprofessional? So since I'm making a comeback I didn't know if I should change it. The name/logo of my company actually started out as a joke but kinda stuck LOL

post-6556-139458501797_thumb.jpg

DBS PIC.bmp

Edited by dirtybirdsoaps

I would wrap the text around the bird to make it a cohesive singular logo. There is a slight disconect between the words and the icon (bird) Might could add the words "Dirty Bird" on the top...arched outward around the bird graphic, and then add the word "Soaps Inc" Around the bottom also arched outward.

The overall graphic would have the bird in the center with the text wraping around the bird in almost a circular fashion. Overall, the bird and name is perfect. I like the logo, just needs a bit more polish. The birds left hand is at it's side. Might could play up that a bit and have him waving, holding a bar of soap, etc.

But, that's just my opinion. I like it. Wouldn't change it much.

Edited by rctfavr3

• 8 months later...

Well the idea is not so good try to change the name. Now if we talk about the logo picture than it is not looking like a bird it is looking like a duck. Logo is the power of brand so it should be powerful as well as attractive.

I agree with wrapping the 'Dirty Bird' text wrapping the top, and 'Soap Inc' wrapping the bottom. I LOVE the idea! It's fun, adorable, and original. If I saw this on the shelves, I wouldn't be able to pass it up! Great Job :-)

I'm going to be completely honest with you.

I am not crazy about this particular logo, the bird looks kind of weird.

i like the concept, I just feel like the bird needs to look kinder.

Just my opinion, the concept is lost on me with this particular figure.

I'm going to be completely honest with you.

I am not crazy about this particular logo, the bird looks kind of weird.

i like the concept, I just feel like the bird needs to look kinder.

Just my opinion, the concept is lost on me with this particular figure.

Me 2

*hiding*

I think you first have to consider who your target market is. This type of logo would be okay for craft fairs, farmers markets, etc., but I think if you're wanting to get into retail you're going to have to have something a little more professional. The name sounds good but the picture of the bird screams amateur to me. Again, if your market is going to be the craft fair, farmer's market, or maybe even fundraiser crowd I think the logo would work with some of the changes recommended from other posters.

Please don't take my opinion personally. I give my honest opinion and ask that others do the same regarding my questions.

I wish you all the success you desire!