How do you store cases of wax?

I have been buying wax by the slab.

Since I am doing a 1 day show at work, I bought cases. I'll have wax for a long time!

One of the waxes is a soft wax and there is some on the box and the boxes are pretty roughed up. I pictured that I would store them in the boxes. Nope.

I was thinking more big Rubbermaid bins but once I go back to slabs, I'll not need them.

For now I put the wax in the heavy, giant trash bags sold by the softball girls in my town.

How do you store wax, especially soft wax?

Thanks!

Soft wax like the IGI 6006: I stock the slabs on my steel shelves, and use wax paper between slabs.

Granulated wax: huge lined bins.

hth :-)

I have been buying wax by the slab.

Since I am doing a 1 day show at work, I bought cases. I'll have wax for a long time!

One of the waxes is a soft wax and there is some on the box and the boxes are pretty roughed up. I pictured that I would store them in the boxes. Nope.

I was thinking more big Rubbermaid bins but once I go back to slabs, I'll not need them.

For now I put the wax in the heavy, giant trash bags sold by the softball girls in my town.

How do you store wax, especially soft wax?

Thanks!

I have a few big pretty containers I keep about 10 pounds in (since my work station is in the kitchen it makes in not as much of an eye sore) And the rest is in a closet sealed in rubbermaid tubs. Even if you weren't going to use them for wax forever, if you are anything like me you are always needing a tote for something!!

I have my soft wax in a big trash can liner in the house right now. Mostly because I had it out in the garage, with the side slit, and it decided to ooze all over stuff, then cool overnight to form a Chernobyl-esque elephant's foot over my clothes dryer. Oh that was fun to clean up. The cases of harder wax (slabs) are still in the box, in my candle making cabinet. The opened case gets busted up and put into a big rubbermaid tub that I've modified the lid for quick access on. I'm not using enough Palm wax to justify anything other than the bags it comes in yet.

I use soy flakes and just keep in the box they come in. Use to buy a skid at a time and stored boxes in garage winter and summer, no problem. I move the wax in the house and start using from the box. Then use the box for shipping and the big plastic bag for garbage. I figure the warehouse where it is stored before selling to us doesn't heat or cool.

Edited by Sharon in KY

My case of 4627 Comfort Blend has two bags full of soft wax, so I slip each bag of wax into a Hefty trash bag knotted on the top, and lower them back into the box they came in; then I just untie the knot on the trash bag when I need to get in there and scoop out more wax. It works fine.