The wonderful scents of Autumn!!

This is my first fall making candles and tarts, and to say I'm excited would be a HUGE understatement!! :yay:I just placed my first order with Rustic Escentials, I ordered the fall/holiday sampler pack, and I'm planning on ordering some molds so I can make some cute little fall tarts (melts)! The scents I got are Apple Harvest Festival, Falling Leaves, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Christmas Past, Warm Vanilla Nutmeg, Gingerbread, Flannel Sheets, Southern Pecan Pie, Toasted Marshmallow, Frosty Pines, Zucchini Bread, Santa’s Whiskers, Pumpkin Cheesecake, and Bonfire Bliss. Are there any other fantastic fall scents that I need to try?!?!

Wahoo...how fun! I too am just starting to make my first set of autumn scented tarts (and hopefully candles) so I don't have a lot of experience with fall scents in general, but I do LOVE all the AHRE scents that I have tried (my current AHRE wishlist is a mile long!!). I will say that you will not be disappointed in your sample pack as I have heard great things about all those scents! I will hang around to see what others say...I need a way to whittle down my list! :grin2:

Ditto! I follow the same logic...which is why I'm broke LOL. Between FOs and Halloween merchandise I'm going to be penniless! The Fall Season kills (my piggy bank)!

But, I can't think of a better time of year!

Edited by rctfavr3

You picked a good supplier to start with, AH/RE's oils are great, and customer service is excellent! Bonfire Bliss is one of my favorites, be sure to pour this early, and let cure. Melts will scent the house for 2 days in their votive/tart wax with a good cure. Celtic Moonspice, Pumpkin Creme Brulee and Oak Barrel Cider are my other fall standby's from AH/RE. Butternut Pumpkin is also a good one. To screw up the works here, I will throw in a favorite from Peak's: Cranberry Apple Marmalade. That one is requested again and again! HTH!

This is my first fall making candles and tarts, and to say I'm excited would be a HUGE understatement!! :yay:I just placed my first order with Rustic Escentials, I ordered the fall/holiday sampler pack, and I'm planning on ordering some molds so I can make some cute little fall tarts (melts)! The scents I got are Apple Harvest Festival, Falling Leaves, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Christmas Past, Warm Vanilla Nutmeg, Gingerbread, Flannel Sheets, Southern Pecan Pie, Toasted Marshmallow, Frosty Pines, Zucchini Bread, Santa’s Whiskers, Pumpkin Cheesecake, and Bonfire Bliss. Are there any other fantastic fall scents that I need to try?!?!

Try their Creme Brulee, and Oak Barrel Cider. :) You are going to LOVE the Bonfire Bliss and Warm Vanilla Nutmeg!!

Thanks y'all! I will most definitely give you a review! I've got Amish Quilt, that I bought on ebay, in the burner now, my first time trying it, and it is amazing!! I have never had a scent last so long, I will without a doubt be going through AHRE from now on!! Is the Oak Barrel Cider anything like the Hillbilly Homebrew? That is a really popular scent for me.

The Celtic Moonspice is probably my best-selling autumn fragrance. I poured my first autumn batch of the season over the weekend and my house smelled SOOOOOOOOOOO good! I love these kinds of scents and it was so nice to smell bakery scents instead of fruits/clean scents for a change!

The Celtic Moonspice is probably my best-selling autumn fragrance. I poured my first autumn batch of the season over the weekend and my house smelled SOOOOOOOOOOO good! I love these kinds of scents and it was so nice to smell bakery scents instead of fruits/clean scents for a change!

Do you change the name?

Regarding the Celtic Moonspice, I don't change the name. I did the first season I carried it because I figured most people in my rural area would have no idea what "Celtic" meant! But last fall I went back to the original name and, perhaps because I was also selling in a different market, it was a very good seller. I haven't had a chance to pour it yet this year--I've just been working on orders--but I'm looking forward to getting it out again this weekend!

I'm waiting for my package... not very patiently!! I have family coming in, a birthday party, football game, family reunion, church, and school shopping to get done before Monday, so today will be the only day I have to try out some new scents until then, if I have to wait I may bust!! I plan to order the Celtic Moonspice in my next shipment, and I will rename it. I just don't think the name will appeal to the market I sell in.

You'll love their FOs, excellent quality. About the molds... you may want to try stores like Bed Bath & Beyond (where I get the metal fluted tart molds - they carry 2 sizes). Also found several flexible molds at kitchen stores; found some at Hobby Lobby also. I use them for tarts and soap; saves me high shipping charges by shopping locally :-)

Have fun!

I saw some gingerbread molds at Walmart last night, I can't wait to make some little gingerbread men!! They still have school supplies out, but probably within the next couple weeks they will switch over to the Fall/Halloween decor, I hope they have some great fall molds, rather than just Halloween, I do like it a great deal more!

• 9 months later...

I'm testing Aroma Haven / Rustic Escentuals 'Apple Harvest Festival', and it's got a little too much spice for what I'm trying to come up with. I want an apple and brown sugar type of scent to make a body spray, but I'm shooting for less spice and more apple than what this has. What are some other good Autumn apple scents to try? Also would like to know if you've ever mixed a brown sugar and fig FO with an apple FO?