Placing my first ICS order...

denetteb

Hi everyone! I am placing my first ICS order and I was hoping you could check over my list and let me know what you think about my choices. Let me know if I have any winners or any duds, or if I am missing any must haves! Ok...here is my list:

Baked Apples - looking for a dupe to Salt City Candle's Baked Apple - hoping this is it!

Bear Claws

Caramel Nut Cluster

Caramel Sticky Buns

Caramelized Pralines

Christmas Kitchen

Cinnamon Buns - classic

Cinnamon Buns - ICS

Farmers Market

Gourmet Sugar Cookie

Hansel & Gretels House

Holiday Cookie

Pumpkin & Pralines

Turtle Brownies

Ultimate Pumpkin Cheesecake - They have two pumpkin cheesecakes listed...is this the best one? Anyone know how it compares to AHRE's Pumpkin Cheesecake?

Vanilla Frosted Grahams - I have Welcome Home from AHRE, are they similar?

I do love my bakery scents!! :)

I just ordered some and did my reviews here. The only one I wasn't too crazy about was Pinapple Cilantro, because I smelled no cilantro. You can see the reviews here

Farmers Market smells exactly like Peaks Cornucopia to me. Sounds like you got some great ones!

Passionberry! It went on forever in a melt... :)

Zucchini Pumpkin Bread smells awesome; didn't last terribly long, but smelled so good while it did.

I'm doing Banana Nut Bread right now... super strong, but I'm not cracked on the smell. Maybe if I used half it might smell correctly, lol.

Love Cinnamon Buns Classic.

I just ordered some and did my reviews here. The only one I wasn't too crazy about was Pinapple Cilantro, because I smelled no cilantro. You can see the reviews here

Farmers Market smells exactly like Peaks Cornucopia to me. Sounds like you got some great ones!

That is good to know about FM and Cornucopia. I have a lengthy wishlist started at Peaks too, and this one was on it! I am really looking for a good Yankee dupe for their Farmers Market... I really hope one of these comes close.

i love ICS christmas past and all hallows eve!

the AHE is different from others i have tried-but it is the best for me!

kris

Oooh, I completely looked over those. *runs back to the site to check those out* Thanks for the recs!!

Passionberry! It went on forever in a melt... :)

Zucchini Pumpkin Bread smells awesome; didn't last terribly long, but smelled so good while it did.

I'm doing Banana Nut Bread right now... super strong, but I'm not cracked on the smell. Maybe if I used half it might smell correctly, lol.

Love Cinnamon Buns Classic.

I just read the description for Passion Berry and now I NEED it! I was mainly focused on Fall type scents, but that sounds so good! I think I will sub Passion Berry for the new Cinnamon Bun. From what I have read, most people on here seem to prefer the classic version of CB, but their site states the new formulation is one of their best sellers so I thought about trying both, but with your rave review of PB I think I am skip one for now and try it another time! Thanks so much for your recs!

Such a fun place to order from!!! LOVE Baked Apples!!! Such a rich, wonderful applely (sp?...ya know what I mean :) ) scent!! Love the Cinnamon Bun Classic (Best cinnamon buns I have ever found!!), Caramel Nut Cluster...Yummm!! Bear Claws - DOUBLE YUMMM :drool:....I made hand rolled cinnamon buns/decorated w/wax embeds with this scent...sold out PRONTO !!!!! I am also going to order some new scents from there that you are ordering. When you get your oils, please do a review!!:smiley2:

Edited by puma52

Such a fun place to order from!!! LOVE Baked Apples!!! Such a rich, wonderful applely (sp?...ya know what I mean :) ) scent!! Love the Cinnamon Bun Classic (Best cinnamon buns I have ever found!!), Caramel Nut Cluster...Yummm!! Bear Claws - DOUBLE YUMMM :drool:....I made hand rolled cinnamon buns/decorated w/wax embeds with this scent...sold out PRONTO !!!!! I am also going to order some new scents from there that you are ordering. When you get your oils, please do a review!!:smiley2:

Oh I am so glad to hear about your raves! Thank you so much! I really hope that Baked Apples will compare in some way to Salt City Candles Baked Apple...it is so very good! I have heard nothing but good about their classic cinnamon buns scent, so I don't think I will even bother with the other one. I will be sure to let everyone know my thoughts on my choices!

Speaking of reviews...does anyone here know about the Candle Scent Review Board and Soap Scent Review Board? (not affiliated) I have been using the soap scent review board for over a year now and it has been so very helpful, and I just recently started using the candle scent board. The candle board does not have as many reviews, but if we all work together to give our two scents about how different FOs work in our candles/melts, that site would be a great resource for all! Here are the links:

Soap Scent (also has a B&B section) - http://soapscentreview.obisoap.ca/

Candle Scents - http://candlescentreview.obisoap.ca/

As mentioned before, I am not affiliated with these boards, I just LOVE them as resources. If this sort of post is not allowed, please let me know and I would be happy to remove it.

Edited by denetteb

Thanks Carol and Deisel. I really liked BCN's but never ended up buying it.....was trying to budget. Is it similar or completely different? It is kind of hard to even describe the BCN version. I will go read the description at ICS.

That's it.. I'm placing my first ICS order tomorrow!

I really like their Zucchini Bread!!

I'm going to order 10 pounds to get the flat-rate shipping:

1 Pumpkin Spice - 16oz

1 Bear Claws - 16oz - New Formulation

1 Caramel Latte - 16oz

1 Cactus & Sea Salt - 16oz

1 Caramel Nut Cluster - 16oz - Reformulated

1 Zucchini Bread - 16oz

1 Pumpkin Spice Latte - 16oz

1 Wildberry Mousse - 16oz

1 Zucchini Pumpkin Bread - 16oz

1 Hansel & Gretels House - 16oz

Might need to replace the Pumpkin Spice with Cranberry Zucchini Bread.. I need to research ICS' Pumpkin Spice.

Edited by Beezy