FO absolute must have if you lost it all

If you lost everything work related. I mean ALL of it , and you had to start completely over from scratch, what would be the FO's you absolutely had to have, couldnt do without, and they'd be the first thing you'd purchase. Please name the supplier too.

I'm not trying to "copy" anyone, but I did in fact lose everything, and I've got to start over. I've mainly always used BCN, CS, and Aztec with a few from BB,NG,Elements thrown in every so often.

Part of me wants to go in a new direction now that I have a "clean slate" while part of me just wants what I had back.

Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated.

I use 4794, do melts, tps, mp and lotions, firestarters, dipped items, cakes, roses, etc. No candles, No CP.

I also do melts. I only do melts. I am also new and have not tried nearly what others here have tried. If I were starting or starting over, I'd first order:

Sugar Cookie, Birthday Cake and Lemon Pound Cake from Peak.

Toasted Marshmallow, Home Made Apple Pie, Baked Apple and Flannel Sheets from RE/AH.

Cinnamon Maple Twist, Warm Cinnamon Rolls with Vanilla Icing from Candle Source.

Top of my list is the one I "created", which is a mixture of 4 different FOs; seems like I never make enough, lol

Next would be: Wildberry mousse (I renamed it) from Candle Science

Merlin's forest; Pumpkin cheesecake, Sugared plum - Moonworks

Christmas memories - Cajun

Orange chiffon cake - Peak's

Monkey farts - TCS

:)

Top of my list is the one I "created", which is a mixture of 4 different FOs; seems like I never make enough, lol

Next would be: Wildberry mousse (I renamed it) from Candle Science

Merlin's forest; Pumpkin cheesecake, Sugared plum - Moonworks

Christmas memories - Cajun

Orange chiffon cake - Peak's

Monkey farts - TCS

:)

Ravens! You changed your mind again! haha

That totally stinks! I am sorry you're having to start over! My wax melt stuff has been on hold for awhile since I am out of wax.

If I had to start over I would buy (all from Nature's Garden)

Pink Sugar

Raspberry Lemonade

Sweet Orange Chili Pepper

Elf Sweat

Pumpkin Crunch Cake

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Can you tell me more about this scent? I have looked a million times but have not ordered because I do not care for sweetened condensed milk smell and I guessed this would have that. Everyone else loves that scent but me!

It was one of my best sellers last fall. I don't like pumpkin scents that much but I love this one. I don't know about it smelling like sweet condensed milk since I don't know what that smells like.

I'll go back and finish reading.. was shocked at all the responses and emails I got welcoming me back. I want you guys to know it means a lot to me.

PC... How I lost it.

My father has been really bad sick for a long time but he finally passed away on June 17th. I went down, from my home in Tn, to south Bama where they are all at.

In helping with the funeral costs, with what little I had left, I was unable to pay my rent. ( No yall I'm not looking for sympathy, but everyone on here has been so gracious to me I figure I owe you the truth).

After that, my alimony didn't come in the first of this month so, I never did get to get back to Tn before all you know what broke loose an it was gone.

Such is life. Lord knows I've been through a ton worse than this and I just keep looking at it as a way to completely re-do EVERYTHING . My business model and name (if I choose) , scents I carry, products I carry, and hey... look at it from a "girly" perspective...........

I get to do TONS AND TONS AND TONS of shopping LOL. ( hey I gotta laugh ya know?)

Anyway, I'll go back and finish reading and catch back up with yall

Sorry to hear of the mess you have been going through! Please forgive me for seeming like I have my head in the sand but what do you mean all hell breaking loose in TN? I am way up here in Wisconsin and all it has been is hot!!!!

As far as what FO I would have to have if I lost it all, well I guess I can't be much help. There are about 25 I could not live without! I love so many.

I hope things start getting better for you and your chance to start over.

Edited by pcbrook

( all hell breaking loose ) .. not being able to get back to tn and salvage my things.

Carol... I had a 1oz of Black Linen and Amber, and I had just made some lotion up in a bit of it, before I had to come here.. and O M G I am in total absolute til death do us part love with that stuff !!!!!!

In this situation I think I would assess what products and scents sold the most and start from there. I wouldn't start testing new fragrances, etc. If you are starting new, that's great, but rely on what sold for you, in your area.

Thanks everyone.

Deb... I understand completely and thank you. The only glitch in that is... I'm now in an area that's new and I have no clue what is going to sell down here because ( da da da doooommm ).. there are no candlemakers in this general area anymore. They gave up ( yeah I know, that scares the living mess out of me too ! ). I hopefully can keep some of the contacts and stores I had things in before, but I've already lost one due to not being able to supply their order, and I have two more that are on the fence. I know it's business to them but I'm also like " aww geez yall gimme a break lol " .

So, this is new territory for me down here, and I honestly have no one to " go off of " as to what sells,, except WalMart ( SMH )

If it doesn't work out here, I'm all for going " out " and to different towns and areas within Alabama, Georgia , Florida ( because I'm not far from any of them ) to sell... So yet again, I'll be in that position of not knowing wth to sell LOL ( don't yall just wish you were me right now ? LOL )

BTA - #1, sorry to hear about what you have been through - however, you normally display a very positive "can do" attitude, and I'm confident you will pull everything back together! And, with your experience, at least you won't have to waste time/money on things that don't work! You can do it! #2, about scents and what works where - what I often find myself doing when I want to add something new is just read lots of posts here (I know you already do that) and watch for 'repeats'. For example, earlier this year I wanted to add something and while reading I kept seeing Pink Sugar pop up in discussions about favs or good throwers, etc - and I had never tried it - so I did - and boy am I glad I did!! :yay: Another example is I wanted to expand my fall/holiday scents - so I went back and read everything I could find on those... and sure enough - certain ones kept popping up in all the discussions, and I was noting that it didn't matter where the poster was from, they all had the same good reviews. Now I have probably too many, but hey - they all rock! Luckily, since you are starting back up going into the fall/holiday season you should be able to put together a really awesome line up. A few of the ones I added because of what I read are; CS - Pumpkin Pie, CS - Frankincense & Myrrh (going to offer all year), and CS - Mistletoe HTH and I'm glad you are back on here, your attitude and willingness to help others can be infectious! :thumbsup:

Hey KS :) I have been looking at my spreadsheets of all the FOs I had on hand at that time.. and I have ( ok I THINK I have ) narrowed down to purchasing about 20 from both CS and BCN (and about 10 from Aztec that I wont downsize) since I had such luck before with those. Now I need to narrow those 20 each down to about 10 ( I feel a headache coming on LOL ) and then I think I want to go through the classies and see what everyone has for sell, and buy 1ozers if there are any available at the time, and use those as testers to try out in this area and see how they go.

As for the Pink Sugar ... yeah. I got hooked on that because of a girl on the BCN board and listening to all of them rave about it. It got to where I was ordering twice that compared to everything else lol.

And for all my CS buddies.. can yall imagine how my mouth is watering , just thinking about getting some Pumpkin Souffle back ? I have been waiting for that all year ! lol