Wax suggestions for ECO wicks?

Hi All,

I'm new to the boards but not to the site and this is my first post :smiley2:

I may have posted this in the wrong forum, so here goes...

I'm hoping you all can help me with this.... I have a ton of ECO wicks (8's-14's) that I've been trying to use with 464 and it has been a PITA:angry2:

I have no problem successfully wicking my parasoy blends, but that darn 464 is giving me the blues! I've just ordered some CD's for the 464 too.

Any suggestions on how you all use your ECO's-blends, straight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

You dont mention what jars you're trying to wick and that would be of help to us. I briefly used 464 and stopped because of wicking issues but found that Eco 14 worked well in the 16oz canning jars. Im testing an ECO8 in an 8oz jj with 6006, its doing well but may need to go down to an ECO6. ECO's also work decent in Ecosoya waxes (avoid CBA-ht is hard to attain)...hth

Eco's did not work for me in 464- or any other wax I have tried but I know others have used them successfully

My opinion is not to find a wax that works with wicks you already have but to find a wax you like and are happy with and then find a wick that works for that one

Moonshine is right...thats why I changed wax...found one that I love and learned how to work with it and Ive been happy since. The cd's you've ordered work well in a number of waxes and a few suppliers have sample sizes of different waxes to help one decide which they like best. Peak for one, offers 2lb samples on 99% of the waxes they carry...hth

Put me on the bus with others who were not enchanted with 464 and ECO's. The ECO line tends to burn pretty hot IMO. A friend of mine uses ECO in beeswax - which is a pretty good indicator that they can burn on the hot side.

The 464 I have left works pretty well with TL in tealites alone or in a parasoy blend. For containers I prefer C3 with the CDN's. JMO.

A previous poster wrote some sage advice - find the wax you like, then work to wick it well. The wicks are the cheap part :)

Wow, thanks for the feedback everybody. Well, I wanted to offer an all soy alternative in the 8oz tins. But I gotta tell you, that the 464 was such a some-timey beast to wick, that I took the plunge and formulated a parasoy blend that I just adore (Can we talk about an amazing HT)?

Now, with that said...I refused to be defeated by some friggin wax! My cd's should be arriving tomorrow, so we'll see.

Any suggestions on how you all use your ECO's-blends, straight would be greatly appreciated.

-----------

to answer your original question: I use Eco wicks in 4630 paraffin container wax and in some 1274 paraffin pillar wax.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update.....I received my CD wicks and I couldn't be more pleased! Thanks for the tip rjdaines! The ECO's just burn too hot and torch too badly for my taste, but I'm absolutely impressed by the scent throw that I get from the Cd's :yay:

Just a quick update.....I received my CD wicks and I couldn't be more pleased! Thanks for the tip rjdaines! The ECO's just burn too hot and torch too badly for my taste, but I'm absolutely impressed by the scent throw that I get from the Cd's :yay:

Glad to hear that it worked out :)