Bitter Creek North: favorites / what to avoid?

Darbla

I was reading other threads that Bitter Creek North's "Eucalyptus Spearmint" is good, and I'm in the market for that. In a different thread their "Hayride" and "Autumn Leaves" were being praised, and Autumn scents being my absolutely favorite I'm tempted. So what about others to check out or avoid?

What do you want to use the oils for? I have heard so many people praise their vanillas in candles. However, I do not like a single vanilla from BCN in body products. I pick up a lot of chemical notes that turn me off. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their Purely Herbal, Black Cherry, and Tidal Wave.

Some of my faves for cp soap are Purely Herbal, Macintosh Apple, Drakkar, Juicy Couture, Ed Hardy, Clean Cotton WYW..never tried their Euc/Spearmint so hopefully someone will chime in. I'd be interested in that one as well..

For candles I use so far...

Hayride

Biscotti

Drakkar

Hyacinth

Tomato leaf

I have samples of autumn leaves- spiced peppercorn- zucchini bread- lemongrass and butt naked to try yet and need to order soon and have heard their clean cotton is great

I am impressed with their price and the throw I get so far

In our parasoy wax their Eucalyptus Spearmint smells like mint. We don't pick up any eucalyptus...but it is very nice so we burn it anyway just for ourselves. Perhaps the Eucalyptus notes come out more strongly in a different wax? :-)

Tea Rose (FCC version) -VERY strong in candles.

Ocean Mist - strong in candles and popular with both men and women.

Strawberry Jam - an old standby and delicious in candles.

They sent a small sample of their Cinnamon and Clove Bud with my last order and it smells like a wonderful pairing of the two scents. I cannot wait to order a larger sample to test since I have been looking for a new Spice scent which is not bakery related.

Their Vanilla Velvet is yummy too!

Absolutely love the Spiced Cranberry. This is our top Christmas seller.

Alot of times I will order from Bitter Creek South instead because they do stock some of the North favorites, Spiced Cranberry being one of them. From South we use the Holiday Wassail, another big Christmas seller and Pumpkin Spice, sells all fall and their Red Hot Cinnamon is really good as well.

They have several oils that I like/use - what to avoid? Don't get too low on anything because shipping takes forever - I placed an order for oils last friday that still isn't even in town. If they could fix their slow shipping problem, I'd buy more stuff there... JMHO.

Thanks, guys! "Eucalyptus Spearmint", "Autumn Leaves", and "Hayride" are on my must-get list and I might go for that "Spiced Cranberry". Any opinions on these:

All Hallow's Eve - Apple, citrus, spice and pumpkin notes meld into this fabulous fall blend! Every time you sniff this fragrance, you'll smell something different.

Amish Harvest - Sugar and spice and everything nice! Fresh ground cinnamon and creamy vanilla make this an irresistible scent! (how similar is this to Peak's "Amish Harvest"?)

Ancient Forest - The top blends cedar and fresh herbs. The heart is fir needle, jasmine, and guaiacwood with a wood spruce base.

Apple Jack 'n Peel (BNL) - Baked apples & citrus zest are warmed with cinnamon and spices for a warm & welcoming aroma.

Apples N Oak - A rustic, woody scent with notes of apples and oak. Reminiscent of bobbing for apples & jumping into a pile of autumn leaves!

Autumn Warmth - This unique, upscale blend opens with crisp bursts of bergamot peel, tangy lemongrass, and a sweet dusting of raw cane sugar. The sweet top deepens to reveal a warm heart of earthy patchouli, black peppercorn, and autumn cypress culminating in rich, lingering vanilla bean, red cedar, and creamy musk.

Bayberry - classic fresh wintery fragrance (really want this as a mixer with some cinnamon I already have)

Cedar & Saffron - This unique aroma will take your mind on a trip to exotic places! The warm, spicy fragrance of Kashmiri saffron from India masterfully blended with earthy woods. White cedar, Indian sandalwood, and patchouli are softened by mid notes of vanilla and sensual musk, then brightened by top notes of grapefruit and fresh bergamot.

Citrus Peel & Pine (Wick Your Wax) - Sweet notes of refreshing orange, zesty grapefruit and tangy nectarine unite with comforting notes of precious woods and fresh pine needles.

Cranberry Pomegranate - Precious pomegranate seeds and tart cranberries permeate this exotic citrus scent. Crisp and complex, this fruit is sure to awaken your senses.

Dragon's Blood - This mysterious crimson resin is obtained from the giant Dracaena Draco tree in the East Indies. For its intoxicating aroma, Dragon’s Blood resin was used in ancient medieval times and is still popular today for burning as incense and in rituals. With exotic, dark and sensuous notes of warm amber, rich resin and earthy patchouli, this scent is sure to mesmerize!

Enchanted Apple Type (Bubbles N Lights) -A stunning blend of tart, crisp apples with the slightest touch of sweet vanilla.

Fig Pudding (Wick Your Wax) - The flavorful top explodes with delicious shavings of nutmeg, ginger, allspice and cinnamon leaf. In the heart, sugary dried figs come together with juicy white grapes. Sweeps of powdery honey swirled with vanilla glaze over creamy tapioca to complete this heavenly indulgence.

Fireplace - All snuggled up by a crackling fire! A warm, woodsy fragrance with hints of pine.

Frankincense & Myrrh - A classic Christmas blend, used in many churches in the form of incense. These are some of the holy gifts that were given to the baby Jesus by the three wise men.

Reformulated due to a shortage in raw material!

Gingerbread - Top: blend of ginger & cinnamon, Middle: nutmeg & clove, Base: sweet baked vanilla

Harvest Type - Throw a few logs on the fire, grab some apple cider and let the warm spices of Harvest fill the autumn air. YC Type

Heather - This sweet flowering plant forms a fragrant blanket of the hillsides of the Scottish Highlands, and is said to have been used by Kings since ancient times.

Leafy Green Surplus Potpourri Oi - This is a Leafy Green Potpourri Oil that is only safe in potourri, not candles. It can also be used in room sprays, aroma beads, smelly jellies, and in oil warmers!

Magnolia - This well known southern tree blooms with large white flowers that emit an intoxicatingly sweet fragrance.

Maple Butter - Sticky drops of Vermont maple and deep rum extract are blended with buttery vanilla. Smooth and delicious.

Mistletoe - A perfectly fresh evergreen fragrance kissed by berries and a sprinkle of spice.

Mulling Spices - Fresh orange peel and juicy fruit tones accent this classic accord of cinnamon and apple. Warm woods and crisp green accents add texture to the blend as lingering undertones of vanilla complete the creation.

Old Fashioned Christmas - A sweet citrus, cinnamon and clove blend. This warm holiday scent reminds you of goodies baking in the kitchen, and a little hint of Christmas tree.

Reformulated due to a shortage in raw material.

Olive Blossom (Bubbles N Lights) - If you like complex fragrances, then you'll LOOOOVE this one! This one is so hard to describe--it's so very sophisticated upscale and spa-like. Not floral in a heavy way, not perfumy in an overwhelming way, just one beautiful fragrance.

Peppercorn (Bubbles N Lights) - wonderfully masculine in a dark, spicy sort of way, however, it doesn't smell like black pepper. Posters on various message boards have been raving about this one. Many describe it as a sexy man fragrance

Perfect Pumpkin (Wick Your Wax) - An appealing mix of clove, cardamom, ginger, mace, cinnamon and nutmeg is blended with the strong and true scent of pumpkin. A background of vanilla is the finishing touch to this perfectly blended scent.

Persimmon Spice (Bubbles N Lights) - A warm and spicy, yet subtly sweet fragrance. The fragrance opens with top notes of tangy lemon and sweet almond. The fragrance is enriched with the silky blend of vanilla bean, spicy clove and cinnamon with just a hint of musky undertones.

Edited by Darbla

Sage, Sweetgrass & Cedar (Bubbles N Lights) - Enhanced with bright citrus notes, the power of this fragrance is in the blend of grassy green notes, with hints of lavender sage and rosemary. Throw in some spicy clove, the warm outdoorsy scent of pine and oakmoss and you have a terrifically earthy fragrance!

Sagebrush & Pinion Leaf (Bubbles N Lights) - An earthy fragrance with heavy woodsy and grassy notes. When I sniff this fragrance, I just get the image of John Wayne riding across the range with tumbleweeds rolling in front of him. Think rough and tumble and a little rough around the edges

Sandalwood Vanilla (Bubbles N Lights) - An awesome blend of earthy sandalwood and sweet vanilla with musky, amber nuances.

Shampoo - Top: fresh citrus, bergamot, sun-ripened orange, Middle: tuberose, jasmine and rose, Base: sandalwood & sensuous musk

Stonehenge Type - Archipelago Type Smoked Cedar Wood, Bergamot, and Amber blend perfectly to invoke the ancient mysteries of the Druids

Sugar Cane - Ahh the sweet aroma that wafts from the sugar cane fields of Brazil… intoxicatingly unique! Pure natural sugar cane blends harmoniously with notes of caramel and vanilla bean. Infused with alluring musk and white amber, and finished with gentle traces of palm leaves, apricot, heliotrope and wild hyacinth. Incredible throw in soy wax, and awesome in body products!

White Chestnut Spice - Tender chestnuts roasting on an open fire…reminiscent of a cozy winter night at the cabin in the country.

Yuletide - This scent reminds you of a holiday gift basket filled with citrus fruits and spices. A perfect fragrance for candles embedded with dried orange slices and cinnamon sticks

Thanks, guys! "Eucalyptus Spearmint", "Autumn Leaves", and "Hayride" are on my must-get list and I might go for that "Spiced Cranberry". Any opinions on these: I heartily third the recommendations for this one. It is the absolute best smelling, strong throwing scent, it's a scent that pretty much defines Christmas for me now. Unique from the other Spiced Cranberry fo's I've sampled.

All Hallow's Eve - Apple, citrus, spice and pumpkin notes meld into this fabulous fall blend! Every time you sniff this fragrance, you'll smell something different. I initially loved this one when I was pouring it, and the hot & cold throw is good, but it started to smell like bubblegum to me at some point and now I can't get that associated smell out of my mind when I burn it and I don't care for it so much anymore.

Olive Blossom (Bubbles N Lights) - If you like complex fragrances, then you'll LOOOOVE this one! This one is so hard to describe--it's so very sophisticated upscale and spa-like. Not floral in a heavy way, not perfumy in an overwhelming way, just one beautiful fragrance. I beg to differ with the statement I highlighted in blue. Waaaay too perfumey for me.

Sandalwood Vanilla (Bubbles N Lights) - An awesome blend of earthy sandalwood and sweet vanilla with musky, amber nuances.

One of my all time personal favorites. If I could bathe in a vat of this I would. Awesome in candles.

Yuletide - This scent reminds you of a holiday gift basket filled with citrus fruits and spices. A perfect fragrance for candles embedded with dried orange slices and cinnamon sticks I really like this, I like it even better mixed 50/50 with the A Northwoods Christmas (a suggestion I got from the BC forum).

I hths!

Edited by mzpickles