Coconut Oil in Paraffin

Has anyone used CO in paraffin? I'm wanting to experiment with something. I noticed a couple of my molds tend to produce a rougher surface unless I use FO in the wax. I have a couple customers that want this style of candle, but do NOT want it scented. I already have a ton of CO from my soap making, and know it can be used in soy, but no idea on ratios to try, or if it would even work in paraffin.

Putting a bit of crisco in your parrafin used to be the "rage" not too many years ago. I've tried it and had no problems. Just don't use too much. Maybe an oz or less per lb of wax. Another additive that might help is petrolatum. Its used by a lot of manufacturers to add to paraffin to make it soft. I've used this before and it makes your wax nice and soft, minimizes wet spots and gives the fragrance a boost. But add sparingly, follow manufacturer's directions, as too much can cause sooting.

I used some in 4625 yesterday. Loaded it to 12 percent FO. Nice and shiney, didn't change the color. With the CO and extra FO, I surely have to wick down because the FMP was bit wide for the pillar, it spilled at the 4 hour mark.

I used some in 4625 yesterday. Loaded it to 12 percent FO. Nice and shiney, didn't change the color. With the CO and extra FO, I surely have to wick down because the FMP was bit wide for the pillar, it spilled at the 4 hour mark.

Wow, 12%, I though 6% was about max for 4625 unless you are using additives.

Putting a bit of crisco in your parrafin used to be the "rage" not too many years ago. I've tried it and had no problems. Just don't use too much. Maybe an oz or less per lb of wax. Another additive that might help is petrolatum. Its used by a lot of manufacturers to add to paraffin to make it soft. I've used this before and it makes your wax nice and soft, minimizes wet spots and gives the fragrance a boost. But add sparingly, follow manufacturer's directions, as too much can cause sooting.

Lol, I've experimented with Crisco and raw paraffin as well and loved the results. And you're right, a little goes a long way. I think I was using 2 tbs per lb of wax.