Hawaiian Sandalwood at Tradewinds!

Candybee

I was sooooo excited to see they added an old favorite of mine. They used to carry this and it was so good. I was so bummed when they discontinued it a while back. But now its back and I can't wait til I get some money to get me some and soap it!!

Over the Memorial Day weekend they had two co-ops listed, both as sold out, for Lily of the Valley and Plumeria, along with the Hawaiian Sandalwood. Those two FO are no longer listed but I'm hoping they are planning a co-op for those. If I remember correctly everyone loved both of these fragrances from them. I think the Sandalwood had rave reviews as well. How does this one differ from other sandalwoods?

When you order, grab you some of the Blackberry Fig. That is a wonderful fragrance and did wonderfully in M&P and wax melts. I'm wanting to get more of that and try it in CP.

Edited by ProudMarineMom

PMM I'm guessing that co-op will be safe to join? Not so much LOL!

Oh I would hope so!! :grin2::grin2:

From what they had listed for a couple of days, it looked like the minimum purchase would be a pound. Now, don't know if that is how they are doing their co-ops or if they were just working with the website and preparing for the FO. They were gone a couple of days later.

I've never done a co-op before and with some help I can learn. I'm about 3 hours away from their location and don't know if they offer warehouse pick-up, but that would save on shipping. Although when I ordered from them before, shipping really wasn't that much. Anyway, if they have a high minimum maybe we could do a co-op so everyone could get a smaller quantity.

I've been trying to keep an eye out on their site for the other two FO and I thought I was on their mailing list. But, I didn't get one about the sandalwood.

Edited by ProudMarineMom

I didn't see the co-op listed or maybe I wasn't paying attention. I just popped over to the site to see if anything had changed and say the Hawaiian Sandalwood.

ProudMarineMom - Its hard to explain how this sandalwood compares to others. I don't know if I can. Its a bit exotic, soft, warm, feminine, woodsy. If you want straight sandalwood this is not it. It reminds me more of driftwood you would find on a south pacific beach with coconuts and palm trees all around. I got a M&P soap from a swap once with this scent in it and it was so awesome I have been wanting to soap it ever since. Unfortunately, that was during the time they were sold out of everything and the site owner was battling cancer so I haven't seen it again until now. My wish has been filled!!

I love the hawaiian sandalwood from tw. I'm hoping they bring back indian summer. It was a HUGH seller for me.

I must not be on their email list. I'll have to check that out, because I don't want to miss any of the offerings they have.

Candybee, sounds like a very nice fragrance. I think a coconut-y type fragrance would be nice for a coconut milk soap. TW had the co-op listing for just a couple of days over the holiday weekend. After that, it was gone and I haven't seen it since. I was hoping they were going to offer the FO or maybe they are preparing for it.

Sharon, I thought I was on their mail list but pretty darn sure I didn't get anything about the sandalwood. Probably will add myself again just to make sure.

I think I signed up for the mailing list months ago. Haven't received anything from them. Thats why I check periodically to see if there is something new.

To anyone who hasn't tried HS from TW its a beautiful fragrance and worth testing. I hope they also get back their Indian Summer Sharon. That was a yummy harvest type.. but my absolute fav was their Lavender Flowers. It was my fav Lavender FO and I have never found a replacement quite as nice. Ditto for their Cucumber Melon-- just an awesome FO! All of these would be perfect for soap.

Other oldies that were good sellers were Tiny Bubbles and a Spa type FO I forget the name of now... herbal something maybe?

WTF, what do them mean what newsletter? The one I signed up for when I created an account on their website after ordering some products. The checkbox that is marked in my Account Profile under Newsletter Subscriptions. What newsletter??!! Sorry Chandler, I know, preaching to the choir.

And this just sucks. On FB it looks like they offered the Plumeria and LOTV along with Sandalwood in a co-op starting on April 16th. The first two are sold out. I did not get a newsletter nor do I have FB. But it does appear all three of these will be permanent fragrances. The other 26 must be looking for feedback / popularity.

eta: I sent an email as well asking about their newsletter. I mentioned I signed up for them when opening a new account. Wait and see what they have to say.

Edited by ProudMarineMom

I agree with Candybee on the Indian Summer. Awesome scent and was such a huge seller for us. Hope they get that back! Didn't try it in soap, but was wonderful in candles. If they get it back and is b&b safe, we'll have to try to soap it.

They emailed a 2nd time, next co-op maybe in the fall.

WTF, what do them mean what newsletter? The one I signed up for when I created an account on their website after ordering some products. The checkbox that is marked in my Account Profile under Newsletter Subscriptions. What newsletter??!! Sorry Chandler, I know, preaching to the choir.

And this just sucks. On FB it looks like they offered the Plumeria and LOTV along with Sandalwood in a co-op starting on April 16th. The first two are sold out. I did not get a newsletter nor do I have FB. But it does appear all three of these will be permanent fragrances. The other 26 must be looking for feedback / popularity.

eta: I sent an email as well asking about their newsletter. I mentioned I signed up for them when opening a new account. Wait and see what they have to say.

I saw that, not sure why you would have to buy 2 bottles.

I did get a reply back to my email. They were going to make sure I was in their file for newsletters. Also, they will be sending emails to subscribers about the new test fragrances. If I don't receive by this evening, I'm supposed to let them know.

• 1 year later...
Its hard to explain how this sandalwood compares to others. I don't know if I can. Its a bit exotic, soft, warm, feminine, woodsy. If you want straight sandalwood this is not it. It reminds me more of driftwood you would find on a south pacific beach with coconuts and palm trees all around. I got a M&P soap from a swap once with this scent in it and it was so awesome I have been wanting to soap it ever since.

I was considering mixing "Hawaiian Sandalwood" with their "Oud" or "Patchouli Oud" until I read this. It seems it is probably complex enough on it's own. Have any of you tried those combinations?

Edited by Darbla

I was considering mixing "Hawaiian Sandalwood" with their "Oud" or "Patchouli Oud" until I read this. It seems it is probably complex enough on it's own. Have any of you tried those combinations?

Patch Oud has a whiff of a lime base to me and it seems fairly light in my pot. Will be remelting later today/tonight. Just thinking if you mix, you don't want to kill the other fragrance.