What would be the perfect place for you to sell your wares - Candles, Soaps etc

This is just a question I was thinking about this week.

Where would be the number 1, top place you would love your products to be sold.

For me, it would be a top department store ( ideal would be Libertys of London) in the UK.

Where would yours be? If you are already there, let us know and congrats!!:)

I used to think I wanted my own brick and mortar with name on the door and all that. Then I started thinking of all the responsibilities that go along with that as compared to being an at home business. I would never want to go BIG BIG either. While I love the idea of the other two, I just prefer having the freedom of being small small.

But having said that, I am truly jealous and green with envy and so very proud of the ones of us who do take it to that next level. They have my utmost respect in so many ways and I wish them all the best in the world.

I had a wholesaler that owned a nursery.She did good selling candles usually fall time and holiday.

Right now I am working on getting my candles in a restaurant.A awesome place.Someone turned their barn into a beautiful restaurant and gift shop.I think they are needing some candles.Last time I looked the shelves were bare.I also have mine in a art center.Sales are slow but I do get sales.They make $1.00 off the sale.It is a tax free since it is non profit.

I guess there are options but I don't think I want to get so big for a store.I want to make money but not have to do the industrial thing and have alot of equipment doing the work.Just simple but make a nice profit.

LynnS

I would like to be selling enough that I would need a place other than home to make my candles and earn enough to live off. Where I would like to sell at? Anyplace that buys...lol! If I don't make enough to live off, then at least enough for a vacation every year ($2000-5000).

Thanks for the comments Lynns and NaturallyTru!

It is interesting, it seems that happiness is the main thing we are all looking for and to be able to be comfortable. Restaurants and gift shops are a great place for candles. I have just looked at your site Naturally T'ru and it is fantastic!!!

My ultimate goal would be to renovate my home to have a walk in retail shop and a workshop, maybe not inside the home but on the property. I have the space inside the home to have the workshop and the retail shop, however the layout of the home isn't quite what I need, renovations need to be made to make it an ideal situation. I also have an extra large detached garage that is not being used. It's an ideal location and really could warrant a walk in retail shop, but because of financial reason, it just hasn't happened yet.

I personally want my own storefront. I've been working toward it, but the economy is shaky this summer, so we might have to wait another year. I don't want to, but I also seriously don't want to go out of business because no one has the money to buy product. *sigh* Figures, huh?

I would like it if people just pulled into my driveway, walked up to my window and pushed a buzzer to alert me to their presence, and I could just pass the candles out the window after collecting their money. lol

LOL, this for me too, please.

I think for us...the perfect place is exactly where we are. We originally thought about a storefront, but have since changed our minds. Working out of our home when we either need to or want to, allows us the freedom we want, and not be tied down. We started out renting a booth inside a large storefront. We then were approached by one of the other vendors asking if we'd like to be in her new store opening up in another town....which we did. We then started going to a Farmers Market...and that's when things really started taking off. Now, we do two Farmers Markets a week, are in eight shops...some consignment and some are wholesale. We also do a few festivals a year...but not many. Also orders from our website.

Edited by lovemylabs
Adjusted wording