Just getting started...need advice please!!!

Hi everyone! I have been reading, and look at all kinds of different companies to buy supplies from. I don't know where to start lol. I don't want to spend money buying stuff from a company that doesn't sell the best fragrance oils and wax. So can you please tell me what companies have great fragrance oils and wax? I am interested in making tarts using clamshell cases, and candles. Which would you recommend me starting with first? I am also wanting to use a para-soy blend. Any advice on that as well would be great. Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Many companies offer a variety of kits and is a great way to start to get a feel for what you would like to do.

You dont mention where you live but shipping can be very costly and you may want to find a supplier close to your area to keep costs down.

That being said, my favorite suppliers are Peak, Candle Science, AH/RE, Lonestar, and The CandleSource...hth

Agreed with lmc, just depends on where your near and what YOU say is good. Testing is a huge part in this business and what works for me and the next person won't work for you all the time.... It's finding what YOU want and what YOU enjoy. It's all over this board that one wax is better than the other and same with fragrances and wicks and containers, etc....

So with that said, I'd go with Peaks, NG, CS, and very...... VERY seldom WSP.

Peak's, Candlescience, and Lonestar are my favorites. Candlescience generally has the cheapest shipping. Nearly all Peak's FO's are a winner but generally cost more. Peak's and Candlescience have sample sales frequently so keep an eye out for them and sign up for their emails.

With this kit what kind of wax is it? I am completely new at all of this lol. So sorry if that was a silly question. Is this wax very easy to use for a beginner to make jar candles? What wax is easy to use for making tarts with great scent throw from peaks?

If I had it to do over again, I would definitely start out with this kit from Peak's: http://www.peakcandle.com/products/Scented-Container-Candle-Starter-Kit__K1003.aspx

With this kit what kind of wax is it? I am completely new at all of this lol. So sorry if that was a silly question. Is this wax very easy to use for a beginner to make jar candles? What wax is easy to use for making tarts with great scent throw from peaks?

The kit is IGI 4630 paraffin, which is a very popular wax with a great scent throw. Many people on here use that wax. Everything in the kit is designed to be easy to make container candles, and yes, you can easily make jar candles with that wax after you test and discover the right wick for your jar. But, that kit is an excellent way to get started. I don't make tarts yet, so I don't have an opinion on that.

I really like Aroma Haven/Rustic Escentuals fragrance oils; especially the KY line of fos and the tart wax. Their customer service is very good and the quality of their oils is very nice and reasonably priced. I use the KY tart wax and a number of the KY oils. HTH

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Lone Star is who I use to get my wax and some of my scents. Candle Wic is where I get my wicks and I have got some sample scents from Candle Science. I buy the wax in bulk and some of my scents in bulk. You just need to test to find out what works good for you. Good luck to you and remember this wax preforms differently for everyone. I use mainly Soy, Vegetable and Bees wax. Just have fun.