Oooooohhh wee!! Dat's some 'spensive soap!

classiccandle

I've been contemplating packaging ideas for my soap (shrink wrapped, boxed, shrink wrapped and boxed, cigar bands, etc.) so my wife thought it would be a good idea, while she was gittin' her hair did at the Aveda salon, to pick up a bar of Aveda soap so I could see how they did it (never mind the fact that they're a multi-million dollar operation). She wanted me to guess how much it cost so I guessed eight dollars but man was I off. It was sixteen dollars (it was at this point that I had to check my underwear)!! For a bar of soap! It was larger than normal, 6.3 oz's, and it was packaged real nice. It was in a heat sealed bag inside of a nice looking box made of 100% recycled fiber and soy ink for printing. It also had a catchy little name, Caribbean Therapy. I guess they thought that would be a fitting name 'cause I now need me some therapy alright and/or a trip to the Caribbean to get over the price of that soap! Ooooooooh wee!!

I have a pottery friend who does a seasonal craft fair in NYC and the artisan soaps there run for $18 a bar. These are handmade soaps by a crafter not a big company and people buy them by the ton. But to get into the fair will put you back about 30K. Yowzer!!

I have a pottery friend who does a seasonal craft fair in NYC and the artisan soaps there run for $18 a bar. These are handmade soaps by a crafter not a big company and people buy them by the ton. But to get into the fair will put you back about 30K. Yowzer!!

Good for them if they can get those kind of prices.

i live in a town that has an aveda school, for cosmetology. they have a sales area where all the products are for sale. the prices are outrageous. not so much the services though you are getting your hair done by a student. a perfume (1/4 ounce) goes for 24 dollars. and its nice, but it isn't spectacular.