Pink Sugar Buttermilk Cut

ladysj

Well I must say I was hoping for more of a pink but I'm pleased with it hopefully, it will stay this color & not darken on me. I added sodium lactate & a little bit of solu-silk to this batch. It is sooooooooooo smooth & silky feeling it's awesome. It does leave my hands feeling kind of dry but I'm sure that will get better after curing. Thanks for looking.

pinksugarcut.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by ladysj

:laugh2::laugh2:Ya know that's a really good question. It was some I bought off the classies it just said pink. When I mixed it, it sure wasn't pink so I kept adding some uncolored until I got what I thought would be pink. I think maybe I'd like it to darken just a little bit.

Pretty! Ya know, I use brambleberry fired up fuchsia colorant, love it! (but, I use as if it were an oxide, 1/2 tsp to 1 ounce olive for mixing) I cannot believe that you have no discolorations from what I can tell. So what stabilizer did you use?

Thanks for sharing your pink sugar, I hope you are in the "pink sugar problem free zone!"

Edited by powderblueboutique
forgot an "R" lol

I think its really nice but I GOTTA ask.............. Pink Sugar....... Buttermilk??????????????? Now, yall gotta overlook me but Im from the south and we cook with buttermilk a lot and well, its just not the most pleasing aroma I've ever had the pleasure of smelling... so... someone describe this to me .. please? Cause Im just really not getting it. I just can't see me picking up something to smell , named Buttermilk... Sorry !!!