New dog cot for my Pobey

TexasBrat

We are in training and we need a bed to teach the dogs to have a place to stay and I didn't want to buy one for a million dollars so I found this tute http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-a-Dog-Cot-for-around-10/ and made one for Pobey. I'm not sure on the durablity of the fabric so I won't use that type again but for now it will work.

dogbed1.jpg

dogbed2.jpg

dogbed3.jpg

Thanks yall. My Pobey is my world, she is amazing.

The bed was not hard at all to make but the parts listed in that version of instructions were not all available so I had to tweek it myself. I substituted a few things like the corner pvc and used some little screw in pvc fittings and then added those round donut things for the bottom and they were readily available at Home Depot. The corner piece used in the tute is only available online.

This tute uses most of the pieces I used except the ones for the bottom. http://www.instructables.com/id/PVC-Elevated-Dog-Bed/ Hope that helps. I think the cost over all was less than $20.00 including the fabric. I recommend using the fabric suggested in the first tute for a dog shelter as this one is not going to be an easy clean for shelters. I used outdoor decorator fabric b/c Pobey won't be on it day and night, it's just her "go to spot" when I need her to have a place.

I know you can get that open weave mesh fabric from Hancocks for $19.99 but you can use a coupon to get 40% off, it comes in black and green. hth

I don't know which is cuter, the dog or the bed! They are both adorable!!

I 2nd that...

U did great...i love ur choice for the print too.

Im thinking this would be so great for a

18 yr old kitty i know.

He has such a hard time jumping now , so how nice

Would this be for him to just walk on....

I 2nd that...

U did great...i love ur choice for the print too.

Im thinking this would be so great for a

18 yr old kitty i know.

He has such a hard time jumping now , so how nice

Would this be for him to just walk on....

I think a cat would LOVE it!!! It would be super comfy.