Calling Patchouli Lovers!

glowworm

I need to make a patchiuli candle for a friend but I have no idea who has a good, strong, authentic scent. I know there are a lot of you out there that love this scent, but it literally makes me dry heave smelling it. Please help me so I don't have to do too much testing or should I say gagging :cheesy2:

I have a friend that's a Patchouli nut - but I've yet to find a straight Patchouli that throws well in my system. I sell her all kinds of stuff with Patchouli in it, and she's fine with those. Will be happy to hear which you end up with and how they like it...

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was hoping that I could find one from one of my normal suppliers so maybe I will try peaks or millcreek. I don't normally order fos from lonestar, just jars, but I would be willing to give it a shot. My problem is I think they all stink so I'm not sure how I will judge them ??? I plan on using it in 6006 if that would make a difference with any of these choices.

Edit: OK, just stumbled on more threads that I missed before and they were all raving about moonworks patchouli. Instead of going with my original plan I think I will just order this one and go from there. Now my new problem, I have never ordered from here so I guess I'll have to start a new thread:)

Edited by glowworm

• 1 month later...

Fillmore containers Patch throws well in gg palm. Its the only straight patch I have used so I can't compare it to others. Every other patch I have used has other notes in it. My fav patch is definitely Patchouli Honey from Elements. Even thou its not a straight patchouli its awesome and throws in everything I put it in and holds up beautifully in soap.

Fillmore containers Patch throws well in gg palm. Its the only straight patch I have used so I can't compare it to others. Every other patch I have used has other notes in it. My fav patch is definitely Patchouli Honey from Elements. Even thou its not a straight patchouli its awesome and throws in everything I put it in and holds up beautifully in soap.

I actually just ordered the patchouli honey from Elements and put it in melts last week. I hate to admit it....but I like it. I normally gag at just the thought of pouring this fo but this one is really nice, even for those who don't care for the scent normally. It also rocked as far as throw in my melts. I finally popped it out after a good 24 hours just because I needed a change.:smiley2:

Edited by glowworm