no luck with my sphere mold

clueless

I ordered the sphere mold from BB and am super unhappy with it. I use rubber bands to help keep it tight and in place, just like stated in instructions. I use a dropped to fill mold, just like stated in the instructions. And this mold just leaks everywhere. It's as if my soap gets everywhere but in the spheres! It makes a huge mess and doesn't make balls at all.

Would a silicone sphere mold thats one single piece be easier?

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong with this mold. I have followed instruction. But no luck, just mess.

I have that one. I drilled larger holes in the top and use binder clips to hold it closed. My CP formula is at a cake batter like consistency when I pour and I end up with nice little spheres. You may want to try some sealant - like pet jelly - to seal any large gaps.

I went ahead and took the advice and contacted BB about the mold. Hoping they can offer some insight on how to better use it. I will let you all know what they say. TallTayl I think your advice is good about drilling bigger holes in the top. The holes are too small and that does make it hard, even using the pipettes.

Okay so one of the ladies from BB wrote back today and sent me a link on a tutorial using them same exact mold. In the tutorial she has the molds in two pieces not together. she fills the one half of the sphere mold with soap, lets it harden then places the top on. Then she fills it up the rest of the way. So maybe that will help out. Her little spheres are perfect, but then again she is the soapqueen! lol