Hello All! Yes another newbie here!

Hello, My name is Kimberly. I have been reading threads on here for over a month now and figured i might as well introduce myself. I live in Wisconsin and currently have gotten my feet a little wet in the candle making hobby. I remember when i was younger my mother use to make candles but the hobby is NOTHING like i remember. Which is good though, since i am up for the challenge!

I guess my appeal for candles come from two places. First I have to admit i might be a little pyro, fire has always fascinated me. But more so, i LOVE having the house filled with scents. So the two combined is very calming.

Currently i just have some supplies from the local craft store. It is enough for now so i can keep occupied until i read and learn more. I figure once i use up the stuff i have i can go in the right direction with my candles!

Hello Kimberly and welcome to Craft Server! Lots of great candle making info here. I think a lot of us started by going to our local craft store to buy our first candle supplies. But their prices and quality are not very good. Once you play around with it a bit try some new supplies from a good candle supplier. You will be amazed at the difference in quality and price.

Welcome Kimberly. Candle making has come along way since the old days of melting some paraffin wax and throwing in some crayons for color and then pouring into a milk carton. That is how I started and I'll tell you that I ruined my friends Mom's pan and the "candle" didn't burn. I don't even remember what we used for a wick. Yep, the good old days LOL.

I have to say this site has more information then I found on lots of multiple other websites. It is so nice to hear people's first hand experience and comments. Also to see how friendly everyone is and helpful when someone has a question or got 'stuck' along their way. Before I started reading on this site i had NO idea the difference of the temp of the wax for melting, adding color/scent, pouring can make. But the more i learn the more excited i am to try out these techniques!