Just Scent

Aimee81

I just ordered these FO's. This is my first time ordering from this company so I am keeping my fingers crossed they are amazing in my EL wax. I ordered 1 oz samples so will be testing them in wax melts.

~Lilac

~Abercrombie & Fitch Type Fierce

~Spiced Apple Pecan

~Eucalyptus Spearmint

~Flip Flops

~Toasted Marshmallow

~Vanilla Buttercream Crunch

~Gain Type

~Clean Crisp Cotton Sheets

~Snuggle Wild Orchard Vanilla Type

Just got all the FO's today! I am excited to test them in some melts.

I will say, I mostly use CS and NG and OOB both NG and CS FO's are very strong.

All the Just Scent FO's OOB are very weak smelling to me, not what I am use to. I know that doesn't mean they won't be awesome in melts/candles. Will let you know how my test goes.

The Spiced Apple Pecan does not smell like that to me. Just a spiced apple, I don't smell any pecan OOB, hoping it throws with some pecan scent in it.

Made some melts out of each FO and I was impressed with how strong the oil's smelled when stirring with the wax, very strong. Will let the melts cure for 1 week and then see how they do.

Question for anyone who can help me: I noticed Just Scent only carried 1 lb bottles. Do they give a price break for more than 1 lb bottles?

Tested Vanilla Buttercream Crunch after a 4 day cure using 8% FO and I got 14 hours out of it the first day. The next day when I turned the electric melter on I get a very faint smell out of it, nothing like the 1st day. I usually get 2-3 day's hot throw out of my melts so I will try and cure this melt a bit longer to see if it gets better, if not I don't think I will be carrying it with only about 14 hour throw....I have given it to 3 tester's so am anxious to see what they think.

• 2 weeks later...

~Eucalyptus Spearmint: On a rating of 1 out of 5 with 5 being the best and super strong I would give this a 4. I think I will try CS scent and see if it is a bit stronger and better HT.

~Toasted Marshmallow: Rate a 3. I was trying to replace this with a Toasted Marshmallow I have been purchasing for 2 years but it is very expensive but this scent from JS just didn't cut it.

~Vanilla Buttercream Crunch: Rate a 5. Absolutely love this scent. I am going to see if Buttercream Crunch in the Bodaciuos Buys is very similar and just carry that instead...save $6.95 a pound.

~Gain Type: One of my 1 oz wax melts lasted 4 day's or 60 hours and I finally just put it out and switched the scent so this one would definitely be a 5. Very nice, clean smell that filled my huge vaulted ceiling living room very well!

~Snuggle Wild Orchard Vanilla Type: I would rate this a 4. It is a nice scent but does have a bit of a perfumey smell for me. It lasted about 2 days or 30 hours in my warmer.

I was impressed with her FO's though and will defintely order from her again. Will try a bunch of her BB pound jars and see if I can at least find a handful of scents to keep all year long.

Has anyone tried her BB Apple Crisp?

Spiced Apple Pecan: Testing it now and it is prolly a 2 for me. Not too strong and I don't smell any spicy pecan in it. More like a funky apple smell...this may be why she discontinued this FO.

I have had a heck of a problem getting anything apple/cinnamon to throw in Ecosoya wax and enchanted lights wax. I am wanting a delicous apple pie type scent and was hoping this Spiced Apple Pecan would be it but didn't notice she discontinued it until after I ordered it lol and it isn't strong enough for me either.

Thanks so much!

I just ordered all these BB bottles from Just Scent.

Blonde Moment

Buttercream Crunch

Caramel Vanilla

Country Sweet Muffin

Hazelnut Coffee

Jolly Rancher Green Apple (was thinking about mixing this one with Country Sweet Muffin)

Morning Buzz

White Cranberry

Wipe Out

Sand in Shorts

I've ordered quite a few of her BB oils -- using the OP's rating system (1-5), below are my opinions on the following oils as far as strength in tarts made with parasoy wax:

Blonde Moment - 4.5

Vanilla Shake - 3

Vanilla Silk - 4

Bear Claws - 5 (very strong but does not smell like Bear Claws to me)

Candy Bar Cookie - 4.5

Christmas Cabin - 3

Christmas Garland - 4

Coffee Cake & Spice - 4 (I've had better from other suppliers)

Fall Harvest - 3

Loverboy - 2 (this one is better suited for b&B)

Praline Pound Cake - 4

Pumpkin Caramel Cake - 3

Pumpkin Crunch Pie - 3.5

Raisin Bread w/ Frosting - 3

Hope this info can help someone :)

I am glad the one I ordered Blonde Moment was good and strong lol.

I will write the rest of those down and make sure not to order any of the other ones.

Number2of7, seeing that you didn't get that great of reviews on her BB line, have you tried her other oil's not on the BB line to compare? I am wondering if her BB line just isn't that great of oils?

Flip Flop: 4.5 (I really liked it, reminded me of summer for sure and had a tropical smell, but not so overpowerful that I couldn't stand it like some tropical smell's I have noticed)

I always get my order the next day provided I order by a certain time. That is one thing I definately love about JS, the same day shipping. So many other companies take days to process your order then the wait on shipping. It's nice to get next day service without paying for next day service.

You are right on that. When I use to order from WSP it would take over a week just to get my order shipped and then I had to wait for it to arrive.