Just Scent

Aimee81

Number2of7, seeing that you didn't get that great of reviews on her BB line, have you tried her other oil's not on the BB line to compare? I am wondering if her BB line just isn't that great of oils?

Flip Flop: 4.5 (I really liked it, reminded me of summer for sure and had a tropical smell, but not so overpowerful that I couldn't stand it like some tropical smell's I have noticed)

Oh, I use several of her non-BB oils and love them!! Naturally, with any supplier you have hit & miss oils but I've always been pleased to keep going back for more -- Becky Jo is EXCELLENT to deal with...her customer service is top notch in my book!!

Testing Clean, Crisp, Cotton Sheets (changed to BB line called Cotton Sheets) and I normally DO NOT like clean and fresh smell's but I really like this scent. It is going strong for 10 hours so far and is not too overpowerfully strong that it feels like you are choking with the scent like a few fresh & clean's have done with me. I am really surprised I like this scent, but it really smells like fresh clean crisp sheets lol.

I have been getting a minimum of 30 hours on all the FO's I have tested from Just Scent so I am sure this one will be going for a few more day's!!

I am using a blend of Enchanted Lights Container & Votive soy wax. I just recently switched over to EL and at first was not happy because I used Ecosoya before and within 2 day's had an amazing CT with Ecosoya. My Ecosoya melts would throw about 15 hours and I thought that was awesome! Well, using EL wax it takes about 4 days to a week to get a good CT and HT. But the wait is well worth it because now I get a minimum of 30 hours HT in my electric melters (melted wax temp is around 160 degrees in my melter).

It may be just my wax that does SO well with Just Scent oil's I don't know because I am still in the process of testing my NG and other FO's in this wax for melts. I know Bedtime Dreams(NG) and Jamacai Me Crazy(NG) have done horrible for HT using Ecosoya, C-3 and EL wax :( Just not too happy with these 2 FO's from NG personally.

I think I should note: I say 15 hours a day because I start my melter at 7am and put it out at 10pm (I am a stay at home Mom and therefore can be home all day and test my melts)

I have bought from JS for years. They offer excellent customer service and fast shipping however many of her oils turned out to be weak. I have greatly reduced the amount of fragrance oils I get from them. I have better luck with NG and also have excellent customer service and fast shipping.

I am using a blend of Enchanted Lights Container & Votive soy wax. I just recently switched over to EL and at first was not happy because I used Ecosoya before and within 2 day's had an amazing CT with Ecosoya. My Ecosoya melts would throw about 15 hours and I thought that was awesome! Well, using EL wax it takes about 4 days to a week to get a good CT and HT. But the wait is well worth it because now I get a minimum of 30 hours HT in my electric melters (melted wax temp is around 160 degrees in my melter).

It may be just my wax that does SO well with Just Scent oil's I don't know because I am still in the process of testing my NG and other FO's in this wax for melts. I know Bedtime Dreams(NG) and Jamacai Me Crazy(NG) have done horrible for HT using Ecosoya, C-3 and EL wax :( Just not too happy with these 2 FO's from NG personally.

I think I should note: I say 15 hours a day because I start my melter at 7am and put it out at 10pm (I am a stay at home Mom and therefore can be home all day and test my melts)

I would be very interested in hearing more about your testing with other companies. I currently use straight 415 for my melts, in the form of crumbles. Maybe that is why it is so hard for me to gauge my time LOL (just clicked!!) sometimes I put in just a little chunk or 2, other times a large scoop. I need to start testing by probably 1-2 scoops which probably equate to a tart size. Are you making the little 'hockey puck' ones?

I haven't tested it yet, just made the melts yesterday and with my wax I like to wait a week minimum before I test. I will let you know when I do. OOB it smells very similar to me, but I won't know for sure unless I test it. It may throw a completely different smell than VBC.

OOB on all the other FO's smelled really good! The Morning Buzz smells like a very strong cinnamon smell with something else in it, I smell absolutely NO coffee like it is suppose to have but I have to admit, I really like it. Don't think I will be able to call it coffee anything if I keep it. Out of all the bottles, the only one that I was not impressed with was the Vanilla Caramel, it has absolutely NO smell at all, almost like a faint plastic/chemical smell, I almost thought it was water :( Haven't made melts with it yet though so I am really hoping it will have a vanilla caramel smell.

Cotton Sheets BB from Just Scent lasted 42 hours in my large finished basement and to be honest, probably would have went even longer but I was ready for a new scent after 3 day's of the same one LOL.

It will definitely be a keeper, awesome HT!

I've ordered quite a few of her BB oils -- using the OP's rating system (1-5), below are my opinions on the following oils as far as strength in tarts made with parasoy wax:

Blonde Moment - 4.5

Vanilla Shake - 3

Vanilla Silk - 4

Bear Claws - 5 (very strong but does not smell like Bear Claws to me)

Candy Bar Cookie - 4.5

Christmas Cabin - 3

Christmas Garland - 4

Coffee Cake & Spice - 4 (I've had better from other suppliers)

Fall Harvest - 3

Loverboy - 2 (this one is better suited for b&B)

Praline Pound Cake - 4

Pumpkin Caramel Cake - 3

Pumpkin Crunch Pie - 3.5

Raisin Bread w/ Frosting - 3

Hope this info can help someone :)

I love Blonde Moment OOB. I wouldn't want to call it that though...what other names would you suggest? It smells so good and such an amazing and different scent it is really hard to describe.

I love Blonde Moment OOB. I wouldn't want to call it that though...what other names would you suggest? It smells so good and such an amazing and different scent it is really hard to describe.

To me, it smells like sweet tart candies or some type of koolaid - perhaps that'll get your creative juices flowing :)

• 2 weeks later...

My ratings on Just Scent BB Oils in my 100% soy wax melts:

Morning Buzz: 1

Sweet Country Muffin: 1

Wipe Out: 1

Blonde Moment: 5 (great HT but smells like grape bubble gum and wont be a seller for me)

Jolly Rancher Apple: 1

White Cranberry: 1

Cappuccino Hazelnut: 2

Sand n Shorts: 3

Buttercream Crunch: 3.5

I was REALLY hoping the BB line would ROCK in my wax but unfortnately they didn't. I had better luck with the NON BB oil's in my wax...strange. I am not sure I will be ordering from her again since alot of her oil's didn't give me the results I was looking for. Am trying Peaks for first time and hope I get better success with them.....if not will just stick with Candlescience and Nature's Garden and save my money :)

Atleast I can say I tried LOL

• 2 weeks later...