Quick Poll: Best Wick Sticker?

I'm about to the end of my dependable wick stickers I had originally bought from KY Candle Supply....since she's not there anymore, I'm skittish about possibly buying crappy wick stickers. How about the ones from CS? Good, bad opinions on any?

My vote is for clear silicone II 3 hour shower ready. I love that stuff. Cheap, easy, reliable. It just takes a few hours for it to 'stick' but it gives you an excuse to take a long lunch in the middle of the day. The 2.8 ounce squeeze tube does 200-300 wicks for me, not bad for $4 Just make sure you squeeze all the air out of the tube before you seal it back up. Learned that the hard way... ended up with a fully hardened brick of silicone still in the tube...

My vote is for Permatex High Temp Silicone Rubber Gasket sealer, rated for 650°F. Same prohibitions as any Silicon Rubber (RTV) sealant - it needs at least 2 hours to be hardened and 24 hours for a complete cure. Leaving air in the tube yields a big glob of hardened silicone rubber.

very good to know about CS stickers since I just ordered 1000 :)

I found the ones from Bitter Creek fine but I order more products from CS so I switched.

I don't like the glue gun. It is too messy, and mine pulled from the bottom if my wax was too hot. If I heat gunned the glass first I didn't have that problem, but that is way too time consuming to do now.

I just tried to use the quote option and it didn't work. Things are wacky here lately :confused:

Edited by Jeana

It was a toss-up between CS and Bitter Creek, but I ended up getting 1,000 from Bitter Creek, since I needed some other stuff from them I couldn't get at CS. I've yet to find any one supplier who has everything I want, and of course none who are local! I found the glue gun a big mess too--I'm not coordinated enough for that option. :)

Another vote for The Candlemaker's Store. I ordered some from Mill Creek once, and didn't like that I had to peel little round papers off the top of each sticker individually. Too tedious for me. TCS wick stickers come in sheets of 25 or so, with the stickers sandwiched between two squares of glossy paper.You just lift off a corner of the paper, stick your wicker on the sticker and pull. Northstar Candle has the same kind as TCS, but I never order from them anymore.