Got a big wholesale account today!

PAgirl89

I had a meeting today with a local country store that sells primitive/country homemade products. Initially when I spoke with the owners (husband & wife team), they had said they were interested in the wax bakery tarts that I make and I should bring what I had to the store to show them in person. So, today I took mostly tarts (bakery & other), along with some other products that I felt would be appropriate for their store. I was told that they currently buy their candles (paraffin) from a lady in Lancaster, but I took one of my soy candles along anyway (good thing I did).

I get to their store, which is in the lower level of their home, and this is just packed to the rafters with primitive items! Being the prim/country addict that I am, this place would be SO dangerous for me. LOL I show them the bakery tarts that I brought with me and the other scented items in my bags. They are loving the products so far and asking questions about them. I pull out the 16oz ball jar candle that I brought along and tell them it's made with soy wax. The wife loves the jar and lid combination and loves that it is soy wax, as the candles they have in the store are paraffin.

The wife asks me if I make other bakery type items, of course I tell her that I've been experimenting with loaf candles and her response is "how soon can I buy some?" They will be expanding the shop into another room and wants to carry a bakery of wax products like pies, cakes, cookies ...etc. Which is funny she asked that because I was debating on expanding my own product line to include more wax bakery items. LOL

As the meeting went on, the ideas started to flow, as did the list of products they wanted to buy from me. So initially wanting just cookie tarts, they are now looking at buying candles, tarts, votives, and bakery items AND before I left, she asked "you also make soaps?" I said "Yes I do!" The husband chimes in and asks if I make foaming hand soap, of course I said "I make that too!"

So the 1 hour meeting resulted in an order for 30 packs of scented clothespins (300 clothespins), 2 dozen votives, 4 bags of cookie tarts, and 10 3" fruit pies. And they want pricing on the soy candles. :yay:

2012 is starting off with a bang!

Thanks!

I'm excited!! I've been going through my supplies and ordering what I need, also working on a wholesale price list. This is new territory for me, I currently have a consignment but not wholesale. But it's exciting and a little scary too.